classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Rip-off Garages
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Classic Curve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I am now in the process of going to the small claims over the engine, after visiting the premises, and beig told in no uncertain terms that I "was not having my engine", I recon that the bugger has already sold it...

After I lost all confidence in the Classic Car garage in Devon, I took it to Spyder in Peterbrough, now it goes well with a 2.0 Zetec and all new running gear, so not technically a true classic, but you have to roll with the times..
OK so it wasn't cheap, but...
Cheers Guys, and once again thanks for the ear..
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give you a idea of re-spray costs...

Yesterday I collected my modern which has just had a full re spray, it was stolen just before christmas , recovered a couple of days later after a police chase, during which most panels sustained minor damage, scuffs scratches etc, and kerbing of a couple of wheels.

As its still under manufacturer warranty the insurance company agreed it could be repaired at our local BMW main dealer (which I would imagine must be at the top end price wise, I know their rates are about double that of our local independent garage) . The bill was just under £4600 , most of which was the 35 hours of labour, there was also replacement locks included. The paint is a metallic black, so I suspect not a straight forward to spray as a solid colour.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: