classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Changing from an M5 to an E-Type
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Julian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car-Nut wrote:
[
Is the C40 the same inside Question

Smaller I think. I've just purchased a brand new C40A (copy). The A is for agriculture and the dynamo has no fan or cooling air apertures - it's de-rated to about 15 amps because of this.

Time will tell if it's been a wise investment. (fingers crossed)

Julian
Dblebill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Lowdrag is so wrong Reply with quote

Hi Car Nut, I think you have a most beautiful car, the work you have done is fantastic and the remarks from lowdrag are cruel and unjust, I notice he hasn't replied to any of the quotes in relation to his post. I've recently bought a S3 E Type roadster, a car I've dreamed about owning for 40 years. I shared my news with a trader I've got to know at this year's Goodwood Revival, he warned me about certain people out there who will hit me with quotes like, "oh it's such a great car, shame you got one in the wrong colour" or " lovely car, but why didn't you get the manual version" these come from people who couldn't afford the hub cap let alone the insurance.
It's plain to see you love your E Type and I'm certain many people who see it love it just as much, the fact it has this or that not original is not important, the love and care you shower on your car and the pleasure your car gives you in return is far more important. I have a theory that all cars have a heart and soul and if we could hear them, all those ones in museums would be screaming "why won't you let me out on the open road?" Enjoy your beautiful E Type in good health my friend and congratulations on doing a fantastic job in keeping this wonderful iconic car on the road, I wish you many years of happy driving.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowdrag is so wrong Reply with quote

Dblebill wrote:
Hi Car Nut, I think you have a most beautiful car, the work you have done is fantastic and the remarks from lowdrag are cruel and unjust, I notice he hasn't replied to any of the quotes in relation to his post. I've recently bought a S3 E Type roadster, a car I've dreamed about owning for 40 years. I shared my news with a trader I've got to know at this year's Goodwood Revival, he warned me about certain people out there who will hit me with quotes like, "oh it's such a great car, shame you got one in the wrong colour" or " lovely car, but why didn't you get the manual version" these come from people who couldn't afford the hub cap let alone the insurance.
It's plain to see you love your E Type and I'm certain many people who see it love it just as much, the fact it has this or that not original is not important, the love and care you shower on your car and the pleasure your car gives you in return is far more important. I have a theory that all cars have a heart and soul and if we could hear them, all those ones in museums would be screaming "why won't you let me out on the open road?" Enjoy your beautiful E Type in good health my friend and congratulations on doing a fantastic job in keeping this wonderful iconic car on the road, I wish you many years of happy driving.

welcome along Dblebill, it'd be neat to see a thread about your E if you get chance!??

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't caught up on this thread for a while,...but what a lovely car.
..as for previous coments on concours vehicles, well each to their own, very nice to see but not my particular thing.
As previous posters have also said, using and enjoying a vehicle whatever shape, size, condition or value, seems to be where most people get enjoyment.....I certainly do!
This is a beautiful car, the E-Type looks great from any angle Smile
Was it Enzo Ferrari that said the E-Type was the most beautiful car he'd seen??
Hope you are enjoying the Jaguar and I'm sure you feel the change from the M5 was well worth it Wink
All the best,
Greg
Dblebill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Lowdrag is so wrong Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Dblebill wrote:

welcome along Dblebill, it'd be neat to see a thread about your E if you get chance!??

RJ

Thanks Rick, will post a thread on my E soon
Car-Nut

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys I got Ricks e-newsletter and it prompted me back over to take a look.

I must say I have been busy with a new busness venture hence my absence.

http://www.lancashireclassicjaguarhire.co.uk

As you can see by the site if you click on the click on the link I now rent out my cars for others to enjoy.

This year already it has done a variety jobs and today I picked it up it had been away on a 3 day mini moon and done 500+ miles…

People say I must have nerves of steal but it beats working away and never seeing my wife and cars….

Here are some recent images for you to see…

One of the images used in entering the car in CCoTY 2013

Wedding @ Thornton Manor

Wedding Fayre
[/URL]

Asian Wedding
[/URL]

Lake District - Honister Pass
[/URL]

Photo shoot
[/URL]

Wedding a couple of days ago
[/URL]
'70 420G - 17th from last RHD
Dblebill

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics of your fabulous car Clive. I wish you lots of luck with your new venture, but how on earth do you sleep at night knowing complete strangers are driving your wonderful cars?
Car-Nut

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

You just get used to it...

Plus with a large bond taken people respect them..
'70 420G - 17th from last RHD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: