classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Headlining cleaning
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Headlining cleaning Reply with quote

My 1925 car has what appears to be its original or very very old headlining still in good condition. However, it is dirty and has two areas which are water stained, I would like to clean the whole of the lining but it is, I'm fairly certain, 100% wool in an deep red/maroon colour. Advise sort on how best to tackle this job or whether to go to an pro' to deal with this job, its vital that I don't ruin the cloth.
47p2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and find a product called Pancrasol. It is a French company and the net doesn't give much detail.
I used this to clean the head lining on my Range Rover which if you know these vehicles tend to have sagging head linings when wetted. The Pancrasol is a powder which is applied dry, gently worked in and then brushed out. It maked a bit of a mess of the interior of the car, but is easily cleaned up with a vacuum cleaner.

The only contact details I have are as below

ETS DU PAROY
40 Avenue Raspail
94250 GENTILLY
Tel: 01 46 86 02 02
Tel: 01 46 63 49 70
Fax: 01 46 63 40 10

Hope this helps
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you 47p2, I have close friends in France so I will ask them about this Company and product to place an order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: