classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

The Coventry Run
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: The Coventry Run Reply with quote

Hi there. It`s been a while since I`ve posted anything of worth, so I thought I`d just give an update on things. Bertie is just getting better and smoother every time I take him out Smile , the last time was to Meriden, where the local sidevalve owners club meet every second tuesday in the evening, but on that evening only "Katie" turned up:

This is a lovely 103e which has been almost totally restored, but the evening out was really nice at a 300 year old pub (any excuse!) Laughing
More recently, I discovered that the fuel pump was still suspect at idling in traffic ( fuel evaporation ), but having an electric pump..:

I thought it was high time I fitted it. So after shopping around for correct fittings ( black tape was tempting, but not quite in keeping!) I set to and installed, connected and tested it....and it worked! Very Happy I ran him to very hot, switched off and waited 10 minutes ( previously a definite no start as the pump would have evaporated dry), then with some trepidation, pulled the starter...instant! Very Happy Very Happy
And this is what it is in preparation for...which duly arrived two days ago :

Basically, it`s a huge one off meeting for old car enthusiasts, from all corners of the UK and beyond, taking place September 5th....and the short run ( which Bertie will hopefully complete!) is 51 miles through Stratford, Warwick etc....hence the need to get him as reilable as possible! I`ll be taking him further and further out in readiness for the event ( approximately 600 wonderful cars, old and new(ish!) ) to find and eliminate any faults which crop up. Angiebaby on this site will be accompanying me (more hands to push when broken down! Smile )who will be armed with camera and video....should be a great day out. Thanks for reading my usual drivel, ttfn.... Wink
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very smart - well done. Modern electric pumps can transform starting whether hot or cold but are great for fule vaporisation problems that old mechanical pumps just cannot cope with
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: