classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

THE GOOD(WOOD), THE BAD AND THE UGLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Salopian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no obvious reasons why it should not pass an MoT that I can see. In fact I think my sons 10 yr old Transit looks much the same at least externally and it has just passed (so does my MG TD come to that and that passed). We have to assume the hidden bits are better!
I recall something being called a "flower of hideousity" - perhaps it was one of these?
Richard H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmerson wrote:
That's the one I meant. It had a sticker in the window which read "1957 Bedford CA, Calthorpe conversion". What put me off was the black mould inside the tea mug!
But I agree, well worth restoring.
It begs the question about MOT, though. Would it be exempt? Because I cannot see how it would pass a test. It was taxed though.

Ah that's the one. I'm sure I recognised the conversion, I believe it was called a 'Calthorpe Home Cruiser'. Much rarer than the usual Martin Walter Dormobile conversions.

Regarding the MOT, it isn't MOT exempt but again I can't see anything obvious there that would be an MOT failure - just because a vehicle is scruffy doesn't mean it's unroadworthy!
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there all weekend and really enjoyed myself and aside from the period thing there was fantastic racing. I’ve been to all Revivals bar the first and I thought there were some improvements all round. The period Tescos was great, the centre aisles kitted out with repro 60’s produce and the side selling sandwiches, salads, drinks and bottled water but I take my hat off to them they were selling sandwiches at £1 to £2 and water at £0.48 a bottle – no race-track rip off there!
Here's a few of my pictures. As I don't have a decent camera for fast moving images I tend to concentrate on the Paddock, I must make the effort to buy a decent camera!

michael1703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a minging ford thames 400e with grass growing on it and thats all legal

dont judge a book by a cover
Richard H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael1703 wrote:
I've got a minging ford thames 400e with grass growing on it and thats all legal

dont judge a book by a cover

Aye, my Cambridge isn't the last word in beauty with rust stains, filler and crazing in the paint but it's all legal!
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: A FEW PHOTOS MORE Reply with quote

RECOMMENDED AUSTIN 7 UPGRADE

Dax Rush
john-saab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on Saturday..(I had a late night call on Friday offering a free ticket Very Happy )
We arrived in a 63 S Type jag and were shown through to the front to join the area set aside for all things Jaguar.
I spent most of the day watching the racing..something i don't normally find time to do but having been for the last 9 years i know the lay out and had a quick dash around just to see what was on offer...have to agree that the mobile cinema was stunning and it was nice to meet the couple behind it!
I didn't get as many pictures as usual but here are a few...

Very dissapointed as i didn't find a single SAAB anywhere.
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dax Rush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: