classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A year has sped by. Ford Pop 103E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: A year has sped by. Ford Pop 103E Reply with quote

Hello all. I cant believe it`s been nearly a year since I went down to Wiltshire to see/fall in love with/buy/bring back Bertie Smile Sunday september 27th was the day I first clapped eyes on this

When I first saw him on a classic car site I genuinely thought he had no front windows Very Happy , and was actually keeping an eye on the weather forecast Laughing ! But of course all was well and the entire story of his new home coming and all work to date is on this great site. He has come a long way in a year....

I made enquiries today to reinsure him, and again the best was First Quote (via Go Compare, dont laugh! It`s saved me an absolute fortune on Bertie and my other car Razz ) who quoted £71.60 for the year fully comp/breakdown/windscreen/courtesy car etc. which of course I snapped up! On a different note, my other half ( Angie baby) has scoured the dreaded Ebay for a model Ford Pop. This has proved extraordinarily difficult! Crying or Very sad Pops were dominant in the 50s/60s and virtually every street had one, but try and get a decent Corgi/Dinky replica....nope. Cortina,Zephyr,Anglia,Consul...no problem! But finally this cropped up....

Perfect! Very Happy A grand total of £3.72 inc p and p. The colour is correct, although I will have to steady my hand and paint in the vinyl roof! I am in the process of winding all and sundry up on Facebook (sorry, I`m an addict!) by stating that within the week there will be TWO Berties in the family! Ok, thats enough of this rubbish! Very Happy Thanks for reading and staying awake, catch you all soon.... Smile
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who makes the model Pop that you found? a good find for <£4 Smile

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
bertie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corgi, Rick...very difficult to find! A good replica too! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: