classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Trying to find a rare halogen bulb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
john-saab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Trying to find a rare halogen bulb. Reply with quote

I fitted a pair of Raydyot spot lights to my car and although they look great only one bulb works. I have searched high and low to find a replacement bulb with no luck.
Does anyone know where I can find a MAZDA (bulb not car) 12v/55w P36s halogen as below..

They fit into this style of lamp..

traction39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have them here, but listed as out of stock.
http://www.lampco.co.uk/results.aspsearch=p36s&section=Lamps&adv=phrase

Also here:

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=&pgCode=012&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Bulbs+%26+Warning+Lamps&agCode=0080&agName=Bulbs+BPF&pCode=LLB450

Alistair
john-saab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that man!!! I stood in the shop of Holden a few weeks back..didn't think to ask them Rolling Eyes
I'm ordering today..thank you!
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. I have been trying to find a couple of halogen bulbs for my pair of Lucas 5" spot lamps fitted to my car.
Holdens do BPF halogen bulbs labelled as "spot or fog", but in fact their illustration shows a transverse filament which is a FOG lamp bulb. SPOT lamp bulbs have an axial filament to give the pencil rather than a spread beam.
I did track down one source, but they were nearly £25 apiece!
Any suggestions to help me?
Jim.
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Jim:
http://www.classicandvintagebulbs.com/page6.html

or perhaps here:

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffybulbs.htm
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Riley 541,
I've already tried Goffy (Norbsa) wiithout success this time. I have used him in the past for 6v Halogens and LEDs for my Triumph Speed Twin.
Holdens I had never heard of.
Your second link looks promising (and cheaper). They look promising and do list both spot and foglamp filaments in British Pre Focus.
Jim.
PS. I don't know how far these messages have travelled between us, but I have a feeling we only live a few miles apart!
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim.Walker wrote:
Thanks Riley 541,
I've already tried Goffy (Norbsa) wiithout success this time. I have used him in the past for 6v Halogens and LEDs for my Triumph Speed Twin.
Holdens I had never heard of.
Your second link looks promising (and cheaper). They look promising and do list both spot and foglamp filaments in British Pre Focus.
Jim.
PS. I don't know how far these messages have travelled between us, but I have a feeling we only live a few miles apart!

Happy to help Jim as sooner or later I'll need those bulbs myself - for Lucas 576s yes?

If you're anywhere near a crooked spire we're in the same town; I live near the college. Look out for a pale blue Riley 1.5 with alloys and a rather loud exhaust.
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infirmary Road? Brewery Street? Shirland Street? Wharf Lane? Canal Wharf? Hardwick Street?
No! I live near the Royal Hospital, not the Crooked Spire, in the very last bungalow/house on the right before the Hospital.
By the way I killed an owl with my 576s last week in the New Forest. Not with the power! The d*** thing flew head-on Sad straight into them, knocked them both akilter and destroyed a bulb!
Jim.

Last edited by Jim.Walker on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim.Walker wrote:
Infirmary Road? Brewery Street? Shirland Street? Wharf Lane? Canal Wharf? Hardwick Street?
No! I live near the Royal Hospital, not the Crooked Spire, in the very last bungalow/house on the right before the Hospital.
Jim.

Canal Wharf (though that's not in my address), on the left corner with Haslam Court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: