classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

MG owners beware
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Finch661

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: MG owners beware Reply with quote

Just a quick post warning classic mg owners about a really dodgey company offering cheap bits.

the company is **specifics removed RJ**

Now i am just posting my experience with them and not trying to bar the company or anything

I ordered a chrome bumper conversion kit from the company for £250 for second hand bits. This included bumpers, mounts, grill, indicators, and conversion parts.

It had been sent out to me, but after two weeks i phoned up and he said it had been lost. then there was a problem with his suppliers, then there were more postal issues. After 6 months i finally had enough, phoned him up and said i was going to report him for fraud. Suddenly he had all the bits, and i set a date to go down and pick the bits up. The night before i get a call saying the he was busy the day i was coming down.

i went down anyway and he had the following:

Front bumper., rear bumper, indicators, "mounts", repair panels. - so no grill. on further inspection, the repair panels was actually a fibre glass kit (used one as well), and the bumper mounts were thin strips of metal that would not support the weight of the bumpers.

I decided to cut my losses and took what he had.....

sorry for the rant, but i thought people should be warned - even **specifics removed RJ** ebay shop was shut down due to people having similar problems. The company (or the one guy that is actually there), buys in old mg's and strips them down.

If you are wanting bits from the company, do not pay up front, instead go down and see him, that way you know what you are getting!
Fluffle-Valve

Location: At my computer in a bungalow in Duston, Northampton.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some good advise there...
Best have a look at what you're buying first.

Finch661

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and remember the old expressions of "if it sounds to good to be true....it is", or "pay peanuts, get monkeys"

just thought people should know about this company
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we can't go naming and shaming specific companies or individuals on here, regardless of how badly-done-to you feel, or how shabbily you feel you've been treated. If anyone wishes to discuss the company concerned, please PM finch661 privately.

Thanks,

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Finch661

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops sorry Rick! Sad
like i said not here to name and shame, but just posting my experience.

for the others, as Rick said, PM me if you have an old mg and are buying second hand parts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: