classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My new workshop...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: My new workshop... Reply with quote

Hi

Well maybe not what the catagory was designed for, but it is an update and it is about my workshop.

I have moved to a friends farm, where I have much more space, I need to do lots of work to the barn, but I also get to use the farms facilities, like his tools etc. In return I help my friend out where, and when I can around the farm. It has changed hell of alot since I first got in there, Rick saw it at the begining but hasn't recently.

The barn is limited on hight, but it has space for probably 8 or 10 cars if I fit them in, but will probably have 6 or 7 in so I still have a good working space. It has my Landrover, Mini and Ford in just now, and then the two BSA's, soon it may have a tractor or two added to this. In addition to this, half of the floor space has a second floor over it, so that will be handy to store all of my lighter treasures.

I have built walls, and put doors on and am just finishing the door frames, so far it has taken many months.

I will put updates here when I do more now. I will also try to upload a few pics.

Cheers

Dave
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to popping over sometime for a progress update, if you need any help filling it just let me know Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Richard H

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics please! Very Happy
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Rick, yeah we will have to arrange a time, It is a bit mucky in the yard at the moment as compost spreading is going on, once we have scraped that up a bit, I will give you a shout!

Richard, I will try to get you some on. You will think it is aright mess though, when you see it!

Cheers

Dave
47p2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the updates
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made some bolts to hold the door closed, and discovered I have mislaid the landrover keys, the only set! More the trouble I have locked the ruddy doors!
47p2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Land Rover Dave, you can get it with a piece of string and a paper clip Wink
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the keys! Smile

Put the door bolts on, and put the tin roofing sheets above my door, to keep the rain out. Finally the main door is finished, well done as much as I want to do this winter.

Sussed out some electrics, and am going to be doing a bit of wiring next weekend, lights and a socket or two, I don't need that many sockets, and don't want to put that many in, as it would mean bringing a new feed in to the shed, as long as I can use my drill and grinder.

I don't need to plug pillar drills etc in, as I can use the farm workshop, same for welding really.

Need to put some more lights in though as I only have two at the moment, thinking another bulb and a couple of tubes. Can tubes come off the same circuit as the bulbs? How many bulbs will one circuit hold, using a standard household type 3 core wire, (not sure of the size)

I am getting the cable tomorow, handy having someone in the cable industry in the household!

Cheers

Dave
heathelect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzy bee wrote:
Found the keys! Smile

Put the door bolts on, and put the tin roofing sheets above my door, to keep the rain out. Finally the main door is finished, well done as much as I want to do this winter.

Sussed out some electrics, and am going to be doing a bit of wiring next weekend, lights and a socket or two, I don't need that many sockets, and don't want to put that many in, as it would mean bringing a new feed in to the shed, as long as I can use my drill and grinder.

I don't need to plug pillar drills etc in, as I can use the farm workshop, same for welding really.

Need to put some more lights in though as I only have two at the moment, thinking another bulb and a couple of tubes. Can tubes come off the same circuit as the bulbs? How many bulbs will one circuit hold, using a standard household type 3 core wire, (not sure of the size)

I am getting the cable tomorow, handy having someone in the cable industry in the household!

Cheers

Dave
You can run fluorescents and bulbs off the same circuit , but how many depends on what size the cable is, how long the cable run is, how its installed, temperature conditions, wattage of the bulbs, overcurrent protection, etc,etc, so please make sure you get someone who is competent to do the work.regards Dave (a competent person)
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am not even going to attempt to do it myself, but I want to sort out the gear to get it done next weekend.

How many watts do tubes take? Or can you get diffent wattages!

I hate electrics! Lets go back to gas lamps.

Cheers

Dave
heathelect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzy bee wrote:
Hi

I am not even going to attempt to do it myself, but I want to sort out the gear to get it done next weekend.

How many watts do tubes take? Or can you get diffent wattages!

I hate electrics! Lets go back to gas lamps.

Cheers

Dave

Tubes come in different lengths hence different wattages, so anything between 15 and 100 watts, hope that helps, dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have now got lights, three stip lights and two extra bulbs, so it is quite good now, just got the socets to do. I have found a bigger cable to run the sockets off, so that should be good. Next will be three phase.

Then to finish the night of, we have just got back from the bonfire party, naturally it was a steam party, shed was hell heated by an early 1860's portable. Nice big bonfire, and a few good fireworks, it was a great do!

A few exciting moments, but I won't go into them now.

On the way home, I stopped to use the phone outside the pub, and what do you know a couple of people try to get in the car, they thought I was there taxi waiting for them, slightly awkward moment....

Cheers

Dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, it is getting more and more done as time goes on, I have sealed up a few draughty gaps today, brushed some of the dusty rafters and beams up, and also build a bit of a door step, to help prevent the rain from blowing in under one of the doors, the door I use as a personell door to enter through.

Got to try and sort out some better locks next, and finish my electrics. Put some rubber on the bottom of two of the doors, and then finish unpacking everything!

I am getting a gas heater tomorow morning, all being well and good.

I took some pics but now have issues uploading them.

Cheers

Dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, can't get the pics of the camera, but managed the mobile telephone which is a 5 megapixal camera, so not great, but should be ok on here.

Not finished by a long way, but getting there a bit now!

Stoarage bay 1

Storage bay 2

Storage bay 3

Each bay can get 2 vehicles in if put in across ways,

The follwing pics are of where I am hoping to have my project cars, in which there is florescent lighting, and space to work around them, with a bench and will have the lathes too against the bare wall:-

In the Third pic, you can see the ladders this leads to the hay loft which I can store less heavy bits, but the bits that allways clutter the place up, still need to sort that area out, well sort it out even more than the ground floor area!

I am about to section the working area off with some curtains, so I can work in a confined, space and the heaters can start warming it up!

Cheers and hope you like it.

Dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Bu**er the pictures are blurred, there must have been dust on the camera lense or something, from being in my pocket!

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by buzzy bee on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: