classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Old nuts 'n bolts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Old nuts 'n bolts. Reply with quote

Well I've done it at last. Sorted some 30-40 boxes of assorted nuts and bolts. About two cwt (is that allowed?) now reside in three seed trays and four paint tubs, except for the ones I liked the look of and put in labeled pidgeon holes.

Perhaps at some time in the distant future someone will rummage through the boxes and after ten hours hold aloft a 3BA cheese head brass screw 5/8ths of an inch long and cry Eureka! But I somehow doubt it.
Don.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

So you enjoy sorting bolts do you, do you want to come over and see my collection???? Wink Laughing

Cheers

Dave
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it sound as though I have some sort of 'Fastner fetish' although I am going to lay awake all night worrying about getting the 1/4" BSF and 1/4" UNF mixed up. that 2 tpi certainly makes a difference, but you can't see it.
oldgoaly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now are you guys sitting there with boxes of whitworth, bs ,bf, metric, sae? and some your not sure of? When i bought my 37 MGTA the guy had a pile of boxes of whitworth/bs/bf, i wish i had taken the two mini-coopers scca class racers and a 1/2 dozen cooper S motors home with me! still kicking myself about that one! Old style hardware is becoming hard to find, almost all the small hardware store are gone. Take care! tt
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I didn't mean to make it sound like that! Just I have a crate or two of nuts and bolts, that I need sorting, as I can never find what I want, some of my stuff, goes back to when it was made by the village blacksmith! Got that stuff of an old chap! Very Happy

Cheers

Dave
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The memsahib still tells anyone, who is willing to listen, about my undisguised joy at once being given a large jar of rusty springs. She just will not understand the beauty and usefuness of such a gift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: