classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

[Help Requested] Unknown dasboard piece (UK car?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
JohnnyHIC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: [Help Requested] Unknown dasboard piece (UK car?) Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for the following car part, it's a dashboard piece (note the speedometer and turn signal elements)

I've heard for a while that people thought it might have been from a mustang (60-70s)? All those leads have lead nowhere (always telling me the speedometers were round and no turnsignals on the panel?)

This piece is actually from a movie prop, The famous Han Solo in Carbonite from the Star Wars movies. I've always wanted to make one as much as possible to the real deal, and these side panels are said to have been cast from a car dashboard.

As a fan of "finding" the real thing, I've been looking via car forums in finding at least one real one (not to break apart put to use as a "this is the original piece" kinda thing.)

I think it might also be a UK branded car and looking at the period of making the movie it might have been 70s? (the movie dates from 1980).

As this is a recast of a kit it has no numbers what so ever Sad

I've enclosed some more pictures to show the details and other angles.

(original prop piece)

(kit piece, from which mine was a remold)

(kit piece, from which mine was a remold - comparison)

(reference to car dashboard and turnsignals)

Thanks again everybody who's willing to help !

Johnny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: