classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

UFOs
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
alfanut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't the Americans alleged to have taken over the plans of a prototype German circular-winged VTOL prototype at the end of the war, and the flying saucer stories made a nice cover-up for their development work. Or was that in turn just a rumour spread by aliens to cover up their activities.

Geoff
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help thinking that all of this may be a little contentious in the US since "Dubya" took over. With creationism being the 'flavour of the week' maybe people are seeing UFOs and not daring to mention it for fear of provoking 'God's gestapo'.
Remember those awful priest holes we had a few hundred years ago? It's possible that they now have a modern 'Stateside' version to conceal people who have seen UFOs?

And 62 Rebel thinks HE's a nutter ?

Don.
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some photographic evidence;

pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hesitate to suggest that some of them may be "Vulcans" because I can't see their ears, but I understand what you were saying now Dave.

Don.
62rebel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shall have to make the pilgrimage to the auld sod one of these days and pop round for a pint with you fellows. i'll have an old speckled hen please barman. while i have the utmost respect for ancient cultures and their ability to engineer massive constructions, i don't think it was indigenous man that came up with it on his own. a great deal of religious mythology could be related to extra-terrestrial influences, and these theories have been examined many times without being discounted fully. you and i should get on famously, pigtin!
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKdave2002 wrote:
Doctor Doctor

That takes me back.

About 25 years!!
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

62rebel, if you visit the UK and pigtin and I are around, it wont be OSH you will be drinking, of that I am sure.....

UJ
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job-Rated wrote:
UKdave2002 wrote:
Doctor Doctor

That takes me back.

About 25 years!!

I remember being confused at the time, was I new romantic or a rocker?, its ok now I can play both!!! Very Happy
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSH, there's a nice pint, prefer it in the bottle tho rather than on draft , avoid the tinned stuff, it's no where near as good.

Dave
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I was staying in the Excelsior Hotel in Hong Kong, there was a bar in the cellar called 'The Dickens Bar' and not only did they have OSH on draught, but fish and chips, served up in specially printed newspapers.
Made a miserable job there almost bearable. But I didn't see any old cars, or UFO's, and the withdrawl symptoms made me ill.

Don. (Dun Roamin).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: