classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A sad day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: A sad day. Reply with quote

I’m still shaking with indignation having just watched ‘Last of the summer wine’. For what seems like half a lifetime I seem to have watched these delightful, preposterous, hag ridden old gits with their improbable stunts, and disasters, who usually finish up having a pint of good Yorkshire bitter in a cosy pub. It is gentle humour and pure, enjoyable escapism.
What happened tonight you may ask? They were drinking Lager! Is this the end of Yorkshire, and civilization, as we know it?

Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must have changed the cast and not told anybody....but can someone explain to me how a true englishman can prefer lager to bitter?

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe wrote:
They must have changed the cast and not told anybody....but can someone explain to me how a true englishman can prefer lager to bitter?

UJ

It's a mystery to me UJ. People of advancing years are likely to suffer terminal flatulence from drinking that fizzy muck, its all right for 'Johnny foreigner' to drink it, as many of them don't know any better... But Yorkshiremen?

Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Lancastrian, I have difficulty understanding Yorkshire anyway! Laughing

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My knowledge of the tribes north of Watford is 'sketchy', to say the least,
but I have often sensed a distinct rivalry between the Red and the White rose, some think it's to do with some ancient war; but I think it's more to do with cricket?

Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actors are probably foreigners anyway, apart from Enthwhistle..... 'es from 'ull...... Laughing

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entwistle is possibly the only one who normally speaks with a north country accent, but he managed to hide it pretty well in the 'Pink Panther' films. Perhaps he comes from the far-east of Ull? I keep expecting Frank Thornton to say: 'are you free Mr Humphries?'
Do you remember the episode where Wesley discovered a rare "Locksley Lozenge" vintage car that looked suspiciously like the remains of a Ford Pop'.

Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, dont remember that one. The trouble is we dont get all of them here. in fact, they only started showing them a couple of years ago!

Talk about behind the times!

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: