classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Pavarotti.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Pavarotti. Reply with quote

Farewell Luciano.

I have just watched a tribute programme on BBC 2, a concert in 1993 performed in Central Park. I was actually moved to tears when he sang Nessum Dorma at the end.

Whatever your taste in music, we may never see his like again.

Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough pigtin, true enough.

I was only thinking tonight when i saw the news, how lucky we have been in our lives to have been able to see not just greats like him, but also in other fields, such as sport, pop music and so on.

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes UJ,
Looks like we may have had the best of it, try as I may, I cannot be optimistic about the future.
'A generation of conflict' they suggest; that may well involve our grandchildren fighting 'holy wars'.
I miss John Lennon as well.

Enough of this maudlin soul searching, 'we pass this was but once' and lets make the best of it. Shortly I intend to fit the 5 speed gearbox into my Sprite and will try to think an epic journey, sampling the gastronomic delights of some part of Europe; suggestions would be welcome.

Don.
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame.

I had a bet going that he'd live to be a hundred.

Looks like I've lost a tenor.

Seriously though, yeah, his demise is a serious loss. A wonderful man with a wonderful voice.
It's just as well that he recorded his beautiful voice so he can live forever.

R.I.P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: