classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A bit of daftness.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: A bit of daftness..... Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

As you all know I'm swaurve, debonaire, sofisticated and a downright super cool dude ( with a jag) but to prove this we went down to watch Hartlepool United at Leeds on Saturday ( for the non UK the whole family are die hard footlall / soccer fans) and I got caught by the www.118footie.com blokes...... Well you know me in for a penny, in for a pound.....

So.....
If you ever wondered what i look like.........

go to www.118footie.com and in the league table to the right scroll down to #28 hartlepool. Click this and I'm the one called Alan...... Also known as "the bear"

(SPEAKERS NEEDED)

I think you can vote for the best clip or something so if you want you can vote for me please.
( rick if this isn't the right place by all means move it..... after all have voted, lol.
Alan
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me? could find no way of scrolling down to Hartlepool....... Anyway wasn't that where they hung the monkey?
Confused Don.
Sorry, just realized, it was somewhere just outside Hartlepool. No offence meant Embarassed

Another update: Just managed to slip my brain into gear(well almost) and scrolled the screen across; "Bingo" I have a way of scrolling the teams down and also, suddenly realize the significance of your user name.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken, we did indeed hang the monkey in 1875 or there abouts. It was the "old" part of hartlepool that had the inbreds then..... now we call it west view.....

as for the old and new hartlepool bits we amalgamated in 1967 so Old hartlepool and British West Hartlepool ( the new bit founded in 1800's ish became Hartlepool.
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old boss Bob Finney, claimed to have had a stint at Hartlepool, not his biggest claim to fame though, his uncle is Tom Finney no less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: