classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Collecting a classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)

Which method should I use to collect the Citroen?
Use a Car Transport Company?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Collect it with a trailer?
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Fly down with tools, and drive it back?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

pigtin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the right sort of breakdown cover is important if you are trying to drive it back?

Don.
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be on holiday in Switzerland in october UJ, perhaps if you wore a striped T-shirt and beret for the journey in the Citroen I'd get to hear about it!

I think even ex-pat brits like yourself should occasionally do something illogical if only to confirm to the other europeans that we really are a nation of eccentrics! Laughing
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Nail, I've always been accused of being an english eccentric since I moved here, we have to fly the flag you know...

If I buy classic insurance here, then towing is always included, so that does make the chance of actully driving it back a little more feasible. The big trouble now is that the owner wont answer my emails, so I havent a clue what is going to happen as regards the car. Crying or Very sad

UJ
giggles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bugger! Hope you hear something soon.

When we bought the Fairlane, we dicided to use a transport company as it worked out as cheap to do so as it would have done to drive there and back to collect. No hassles!

The car was in Plymouth and we're in sunny Suffolk, on a good day 8 hours away and as it turned out on a bad day nearly 11 hours!! The lady with the transporter got stuck on the M4 for nearly 6 hours. Confused
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a transport company a few years ago too bring a '62 T-bird 'object' up from Belgium. It arrived one summers evening around 20:00. Being a non-runner, and at the front of the upper deck, it took quite a long time to unload....nearly 5 hours! The whole street was blocked with the other cars, and not only that, the tranporter was running at tickover the whole time for the hydraulics..... No wonder one of my neighbours moved away shortly after... Laughing

Giggles, if I drive it back dressed as a gangster, then maybe you could accomany me dressed as my moll! Laughing

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need a hat and pipe like Maigret to drive it back, I always associate the traction avant with that series. But then I am very old and sad.
Don.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must make two of us, because thats my association as well...so we both must be sad! Laughing

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: