classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1967 Singer Chamois Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
mikeC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: 1967 Singer Chamois Mk2 Reply with quote

Introducing my latest acquisition:

It's a 1967 Singer Chamois Mk2, one owner from new, original paint, no welding ever, but been off the road since 2006. I took a gamble and drove it 200 miles from Southend, with no trouble until about 5 miles from home, when the speedo seized up and broke the cable. So that's one more job to add to the list I had already made out! these photos were taken on arrival home:

kevin2306

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats gorgeous Mike

Kevin
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, what's it like to drive?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
badhuis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks gorgeous! A real nice colour combination for the Chamois.
Strange to see it without the the chrome rubbing strips on the rear engine cover, I thought these were standard fitment for the Chamois Mk2.
Watch the water pump. It tends to leak and ruin its bearings after a long standstill.
I have its twin (LHD) sister:

mikeC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badhuis wrote:

...Strange to see it without the the chrome rubbing strips on the rear engine cover, I thought these were standard fitment for the Chamois Mk2.
Watch the water pump. It tends to leak and ruin its bearings after a long standstill.

Ha Ha! Well spotted Laughing the owner backed into something back in the 1980s, and the replacement engine cover was a Hillman one! The strips are in a box of bits that came with the car, along with the Singer badge, but unfortunately the bright trim that goes around the numberplate is missing ...

Fortunately a load of items, including the water pump, have been replaced in the recommissioning done to put it on sale.

It's great to drive, Rick - just like a modern day Austin Seven with brakes Cool
mikeC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing much to report on the Chamois - it gets out and about, and gives the occasional spot of bother, but basically it goes well and is great fun; here's a couple of photos taken in Derbyshire yesterday:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: