classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

RedeX Oil Additive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
RogerB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: RedeX 'Lubrocharger'. Reply with quote

Good afternoon to you all....
Following on from my previous 'post' on the Forum I'm still lacking a decent photo' of the RedeX Lubrocharger reservoir. The reservoir is basically a container with two 'caps'; one cap has a feed to the lubrocharger metering gauge (mounted on the dash), the other cap has a measuring stick attached to it, which, when removed tell the driver how much RedeX he has used on his mad dash along England's road.....
Rogerb
Penman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-redex-lubrocharger-mark-ii-312499630

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
RogerB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: RedeX Lubrocharger Reply with quote

Thank you for the link, however the Lubrocharger shown in the photo is probably dating from the 50's, the Lubrocharger I'm seeking a photo of dates from the 30's. I have a small drawing of it in an old Practical Motorist magazine but it is not good enough to be included in Part 2of the RedeX Saga I'm writing.
Rogerb.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,there are more shown further down the page on Penmans link - maybe you saw them with links to eBay,

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-redex-lubrocharger-271481478

Just trying to help,regards,JD.
RogerB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDale, Thank you, I had already seem the page; the pre1940 Lubrocharger RedeX container I want a photo of must be rarer than hens teeth....!
Nils Desperadum etc....
RogerB
RogerB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: RedeX Lubrocharger 1939 Reply with quote

I'm still looking for a picture of the Lubrocharger as seen in the Practical Motorist July 1939 (!). It is a custom made container with adapters on the sides for the RedeX injectors. The container is marked Lubrocharger with the RedeX brand name on the bottom of the container.
For it to work there was a press button assembly on the cars dash board which, when pressed, injected a small quantity of RedeX into the engine via the inlet manifold.
If any one knows of anybody who worked for Wayne V Myers & Co, the RedeX producers or any surviving members of the Myers family I would like to contact them (with their permission of course).
RogerB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: RedeX Oil Additive Reply with quote

A question?

Does any O.C.C Forum members live in or around Stretford Manchester?

If so, maybe he/she can help me....

Up until a few months ago I was contacting Holt Auto (Unit 100. Barton Dock Road, Stretford) and keeping them up-to-date with my RedeX research. They have stopped replying to my emails in spite of showing interest in my research, I also phoned the company this afternoon and all I got was a ceased telephone line noise.
I'm probably pushing my luck re asking Forum members to go and bang on their door but if you are passing Unit 100, Barton Dock Road take a'look-see' for me............................please!
RogerB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: