classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Sprite 400 MK3 1966
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pete sav

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Sprite 400 MK3 1966 Reply with quote

Hi there has been a old caravan a sprite sat on a old garage base for it seems at least the last 30 years outside my home.
Now the bloke next door has been using as a shed it seems he did use it regular until his last trip when the wheel fell off and got trapped under the wheel arch
he got it back home where it has sat for many years.
Anyway he was talking of getting rid of it and i could not resist this oppertunity to try and fix it up for regular use again many modern vans just dont have the appeal of this one for me
Anyway i fixed the glass window remade some steadies to suit the ones on it had rusted so badly they did not touch the floor anymore
Got the hitch sorted next i thought do the brakes and suspension well here i have hit the wall the shocks are useless no oil in them
Can anyone point me the way to go in replacing or refurbishing the shocks any advice or info gratefully received
thanks pete
christine lowery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post a photo please // what chassis ? if B&B vw t4 front/ triumph TR4 front with a mod to the bottom bush
chris Very Happy
pete sav

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christine
thank you for the quick reply i think it is a b&b chassis i will try put some pictures on this post

[/URL]

thanks pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: