classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Traffic wardens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Traffic wardens. Reply with quote

Just in case (like me) you don't read the tabloid press:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article395585.ece
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I hate wardens that are like this, if they could be a bit more human and get rid of the real offenders, then they could be given a better name.

Cheers

Dave
Penman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I wonder if this could possibly be a set-up.
There just happens to be someone behind the warden who just happens to have a camera already switched on to take a photo which is accurately focused for both the close up of the wardens back and camera, and also the cars on the other side of the road.
Then the warden doesn't batt an eyelid when a camera is shoved in his face as he "writes" the ticket.
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you Penman. The free and unbiased press of this country could never sink to such depths... could they?

Don.
erindoors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I quite disagree with you guys.....

Traffic Wardens are being really complimentary these days.

I parked up on a double yellow the other day, and when I got back, there was a bit of paper on the window that said "Parking Fine." So that was nice of them.

Laughing
Wink

he he

erindoors
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing That's brilliant! Must remember it...
47p2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the first time the blue meanies have booked funeral cars.
In Edinburgh they have been doing this for years, they have also book ambulances which are attending emergencies, fire engines, police cars and much more.
I know they have a job to do but when they walk around the streets and nip into the corner cafe for free rolls and coffee, so the owner of said establishment may receive problem free parking , then something has to be done.
The local rag are excellent at keeping an eye on the situation and often publish them behaving badly.

One rule for some and another for them.................
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The week before last I was in Italy where my Italian friend explained the situation regarding Italian traffic 'rules'.

Georgio said that he hated the Police in the north of the country simply because if you were to park 30 centimetres over a white line then you will be fined, but if those same Police see someone breaking into your car they will turn away so as 'not to see' the offence.

In the south of the country which is Mafia controlled, when you come to park your car lets say on a supermarket carpark, there will be a small boy who will ask you for one Euro, even though the parking should be free.

This boy works for the local Mafia and when you pay him your car is GUARANTEED not to be touched...by anyone!
This is not the same as the young British lads that try this parking charge at football matches and either damage your car or not depending on whether you pay up, this is so called 'organised crime'.

Therefore, ironically the southern system works better than the northern one.
In the north you pay the government yet they will fine you for the slightest indiscretion, plus your car has the possibility of being stolen or vandalised.

In the south you pay a lesser charge to a criminal organisation and not only can you park - but you are secure in the knowledge that you will find your car as you left it!

We in England get a brand of the northern Italian government system whereby should you overrun your time by a few seconds there will undoubtedly be a warden waiting to pounce, yet should you return to your vehicle to find the floor strewn with the remnants of what once was your side window, and your stereo removed then I'll put money on it that not one of the many wardens are there to console you, or were there to witness the crime.

You pays yer money yer takes your choice!
pigtin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

47p2 wrote:The local rag are excellent at keeping an eye on the situation and often publish them behaving badly.

You are lucky, very few letters sent to our local press, that are in any way critical of the police or their henchmen, get published.
I can see their point because our '"quiet" seaside town has become as lawless as the wild-west frontier and their pages would contain little else.

Getting back to Italian parking... I once parked my hire car on a square outside my hotel in Rome; in the morning mine was the only one (out of a dozen or so) to have a parking ticket? It was pointed out later that mine was also the only one with Milan Number Plates.

Don.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7090758.stm

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I said ' could you not hear the bugles playing and the band marching? And she just looked at me totally blank."

Automatons, the most dangerous persons amongst us, they are the unflinching footsoldiers of any despicable regime.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bl**dy buggers, is all I have to say! pardon my french! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your traffic wardens aren't actual police officers, but are hired security? and they're given the authority to ticket? bl##dy hell. that smarmy should've been given a good punch in the face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: