classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1937 Ford Model "Y"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
troutrunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard H wrote:
The rally is in Diss, about 15 minutes from my cottage. I'd quite like to shuffle all my cars down there, but I'm not a national rally sort of person. It's only that it's that close that I'm considering it!

I haven't been for about 4years, I needed to distance myself when I stepped down as Web Editor and committee member, I had a lot of stuff going on at that time, perhaps in the future I might stand again for a different role when something becomes available.

Richard H wrote:
I remember your A30, and your A35 that you had the mishap in. Is that one still in Neil's never-ending queue of projects?

I still have the A30 which is lightly modernised now with midget disc brakes and Rostyle wheels (only have them for the extra inch in wheel width allowing 165/70's to be fitted giving better road stability) also has electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, alternator. brake servo, 4.2:1 diff ratio and a few other bits and bobs.
The A35 was sold to Neil and ended up as an Academy race car and had an unfortunate mishap on it's first outing, sad really but that's life.
1939 Austin 10.
1955 Austin A30.
1958 Ford 300E van.
1961 Austin A40.
1964 Wolseley Hornet.
1965 Series2a Land Rover.
1968 Wolseley Hornet.
1994 Peugeot 405 Est. 2of.
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
troutrunner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last couple of days work.
New hoses fitted, cleaned Carburettor, fitted fan belt, did a little service on the engine etc. and got the her running, if only on two cylinders, then checked out compressions, started at bulkhead end so No.4 100psi, No.3 110psi, No.2 Zero and No.1 zero, put a splash of oil down 1 and 2 and still nowt. This goes along with what the PO told me, the last time he ran the engine a couple of years ago, it had a stuck valve. Now I think it stopped at a different point and another one is now also stuck, well I hope so anyway.

Today the head comes off, unless someone out there knows a trick that they would share. I have had a screwdriver down the plug holes making sure the two accessible valves are ok which I think are the inlets and not the usual ones to stick, in my experience it's usually the exhausts that give the trouble.

I forgot to mention that I took the top off of the AC (I think) fuel pump and the Gauze filter was as clean as a whistle but once removed under it I found this..........

A load of crud found which took a bit of effort to get out, when 90% was out I blew it out with the air line.

The old hoses.

I also found this, it will work ok with the hose pushed down over the missing piece for the time being until one is found.

1939 Austin 10.
1955 Austin A30.
1958 Ford 300E van.
1961 Austin A40.
1964 Wolseley Hornet.
1965 Series2a Land Rover.
1968 Wolseley Hornet.
1994 Peugeot 405 Est. 2of.
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: