classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Photo solution needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been able to open the site by typing "postimage.org" in my browser address bar, but I did notice that it redirects to "postimages.org" with an "s" on the end, so maybe they've changed the name and your issue was while the DNS update propagates?
Ashley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been with Flickr for seven or eight years now without issue.

Richard H

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this free extension for Chrome to fix the Photobucket issue and make the pictures show again, it works perfectly for me. There's also ones for Firefox and Opera on there. http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/201449/free-chrome-extension-photobucket-pictures?hotlinkfix=1524087784305
roverdriver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard- remember that the 'fix' allows you to see the images, but does not help anyone else to see them.

Mike, I access the site from a browser link, but I just noticed that the actual address is http://postimages.org/
GARAGE HERMIT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeC wrote:
Having successfully used Postimage since the Photobucket debacle, I now cannot access the Postimage site - I get the message 'the server's IP address could not be found'! Anyone else got this problem, or is it just me?

me too, it might have gone belly up,
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still opening up just fine for me, and it's not a cache thing as I hadn't opened it until it came up here. That's by clicking on the link in the post by roverdriver above.
mikeC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GARAGE HERMIT wrote:
mikeC wrote:
Having successfully used Postimage since the Photobucket debacle, I now cannot access the Postimage site - I get the message 'the server's IP address could not be found'! Anyone else got this problem, or is it just me?

me too, it might have gone belly up,

No, it's working fine for me, too ...now!
I initially remade contact by using http://postimage.cc, and as has been said above, it now responds to http://postimages.org or http://postimg.cc. Most confusing!!!
peter scott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit as a postimage fan I have been less impressed recently because their images can take tens of seconds to appear. Perhaps they aren't coping well with the transfer of so many images from photobucket.

Peter
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that lots of people have settled on Flickr for hosting their photos, I wonder if the sense of relief will turn out to be short-lived. I've had an email this morning saying they've agreed to be taken over by "SmugMug". "Nothing will change immediately for your Flickr" account, it says, which I hope means that at some point the login will change but it will continue to be FOC.
badhuis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEdwards wrote:
Now that lots of people have settled on Flickr for hosting their photos, I wonder if the sense of relief will turn out to be short-lived. I've had an email this morning saying they've agreed to be taken over by "SmugMug". "Nothing will change immediately for your Flickr" account, it says, which I hope means that at some point the login will change but it will continue to be FOC.

Like others I have been using Flickr for a couple of years now and am happy as it is now. News like this take over usually means bad news. Hope I do not have to switch over to yet another hosting app.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley wrote:
Flickr is the best by miles, but nobody ever takes any notice of me. I had about half a dozen photo hosting accounts a few years ago and now I just have Flickr because it's the best in every way because it works with Apple. Presumably they police it and Apple is all about user experience and not bombarding you with infuriating adverts.

Just visit Flickr and see what's on offer.

Now purchased by smugmug. I have just joined flikr today so maybe I can post pix to the forum,if I can get my head round it,cheers,JD.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141478150@N06/27775834368/in/dateposted/

That may take a while as that link was supposed to add picture,Ah well,back to the drawing board.
Ashley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Flickr in your browser, select photo and then select downward pointing arrow. Click on it and then pick the 640x480 size which will then appear. Now click in the address box and the image address will appear. Copy and paste this after the img box and it’ll work.

Flickr is a fabulous library with incredible photos of everything and worth exploring.
mikeC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so enthusiastic over Flickr, Ashley, one could imagine you had shares in it Laughing

I got absolutely nowhere when I tried to open a Flickr account when Photobucket started messing us around, and have been quite satisfied with Postimage. I have just followed a link to an album of photos, which turns out to be on Flickr, and they are unviewable as far as I am concerned - every picture is covered in flickering black squares, like this:

Presumably I am doing something wrong, but it doesn't inspire confidence to pursue Flickr!
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeC wrote:
every picture is covered in flickering black squares, like this:

I wonder if that's where they got the name from?

Seriously though, I have never seen that, even on my scabby old "no longer supported" browser.
MVPeters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens occasionally on eBay. Try turning hardware acceleration off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: