classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Engine Mounts for Sidevalves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
alastairq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Engine Mounts for Sidevalves Reply with quote

Engine mounts for 8 & 10 HP sidevalves [and associated specials] have recently been a topic of discussion elsewhere.

Mainly due to the cost of them......typically being over £20, [incl. delivery] from dealers, or close to that, on an exchange basis, from the FSOC.

Following some advice from an od hand, I looked up anti vibration engine mounts for SIP compressors.
Part number SIP 02357
From ebay, I found these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIP-02357-COMPRESSOR-ANTI-VIBRATION-MOUNT-mounting-feet/401359604345?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I ordered the item [thinking I was ordering one] just to see what they were like.
Well, the arrived, not one, but 4 of them!

For around £9.70 delivered.

The plates perfectly match the Ford chassis mounting holes....the only difference being, the engine mount bolt is a metric item [supplied]..M8 I think....instead of Ford's original UNF item.

The Ford mounts may last a lifetime..or may last but a year...depends on whether they get oil contaminated or not. The left mount is right under Ford's oil filler, too. [I cover mine with an old domed shocker mounting washer]...but because of oil contamination on the Dellow [it is used, quite hard] I have been through 3 or 4 mounts in 5 years or so.

So, for a couple of quid each [as distinct from over 20 quid each] I am willing to forget the change of thread!

Just a head's up for those with sidevalve Fords?
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
troutrunner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, alas a little late for me as I have just received a pair from the Y & C register and costing £34 the pair (they arrived last week) I will keep the link in my Model Y's file though, you never know.
1939 Austin 10.
1955 Austin A30.
1958 Ford 300E van.
1961 Austin A40.
1964 Wolseley Hornet.
1965 Series2a Land Rover.
1968 Wolseley Hornet.
1994 Peugeot 405 Est. 2of.
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: