classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Zephyr / Zodiac Mk3 dashboard (crash pad)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Zephyr / Zodiac Mk3 dashboard (crash pad) Reply with quote

Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the padded vinyl dash board/ instrument binnacle on the Zephyr and Zodiac?

More importantly are they interchangeable?. A company called 'Dashboard Restorations' in New Zealand have been producing a Mk3 Zodiac replacement dash for some years. I wondered if there are any problems when fitting one to a Mk3 Zephyr.??
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory of almost 50 years ago I think they are completely different. My dad had the Zephyr 6
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Ray White

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil. I told my friend I thought he could get a replacement for his Zephyr 6; only to find the firm in question made the Zodiac replacement. (The confusion came about because they make both for the Mk2)

I would hate to think I have given someone bad advice. Surprised
JohnDale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
Thanks Phil. I told my friend I thought he could get a replacement for his Zephyr 6; only to find the firm in question made the Zodiac replacement. (The confusion came about because they make both for the Mk2)

I would hate to think I have given someone bad advice. Surprised

Hi Ray Zephyr & Zodiac in Mk 2 lo line form have identical pads(but not hi line)
but Mk 3 Zephyr is very different to Mk3 Zodiac. Cheers,JD.
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zephyr Mk 3 has a badly cracked dash and a repair looks like it might be a bit tricky. I knew the New Zealand company were offering Zephyr replacements (at a cost) but it turns out that was only for Mk 2. They do a Mk3 Zodiac but if it is different I don't suppose it would be suitable.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
The Zephyr Mk 3 has a badly cracked dash and a repair looks like it might be a bit tricky. I knew the New Zealand company were offering Zephyr replacements (at a cost) but it turns out that was only for Mk 2. They do a Mk3 Zodiac but if it is different I don't suppose it would be suitable.

Hi Ray, I have a friend in NZ who, with far more knowledge than I have, would be able to advise if the Zodiac MK3 dash top would fit on the Zephyr 6 Mk3.
Graeme can be contacted at mail@enford.co.uk.(just tell him JD gave you his address) There is also a company,again in NZ, who can repair any dash top & even replace a part if it is missing.
Look at www.trimfix.co.uk regards,JD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: