classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Meathead motorists.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Meathead motorists. Reply with quote

Anyone else have trouble with young louts in small hatchbacks? About ten or so of these inbreds gather in our town car park. They spend the entire evening, and part of the night, until after midnight, doing wheel-spins and donuts, revving their “un-silenced” engines, playing “brain damage” music with their windows open to maximize the annoyance and shouting obscenities at the tops of their voices to communicate with others of the same sub-species.
Every so often a group will peel off and drive up and down the seafront and through the town at high speed sounding their horns and being as antisocial as possible.
The police? Don’t make me laugh: the yobs despise the (non existent) forces of law-and-order almost as us ratepayers do.

Sorry, that was becoming a rant, but I often fish from the carpark and find them very intimidating.
Don.
Penman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
You know those large pieces of lead that you might have on the end of your line.

They would modify those cars quite well if they were to fly of on a back cast. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be referring to the 'Vauxhall Corsa' brigade.

There is a local custom car meet nearby where owners of hotted up vehicles gather and display their cars. It's all run quite well with most of the bonnets raised and everyone just circulating and having a natter about the mods they have carried out

The 'Corsa' boys however have no idea how to make a car go faster other than to put on something that resembles a drainpipe for an exhaust, and then drive flat out everywhere.
Bunch of Wa***rs to a man, and yet another result of Britain's decline into chaos under the current administration's policy of social engineering, undisciplined at school, they now begin adulthood as they mean to go on.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Some of my "School Friends" have gone down this route, I allways seemed to be ever more interested by older slower cars, slightly strange I know!

Cheers

Dave
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a teenager in the 50s I had a 1933 Standard Big 9 to show off in. Wouldn't do wheelspins, even in the wet with the tyres down to the canvas.
Don.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame that the whole notion of a cruise has to a large extent been hijacked by the k*obhead brigade, with their LED-equipped screen wash jets and car park Grand Prix. I have no problem with enthusiasts gathering and having a natter (even Corsa drivers Wink), comparing air filters and so on, but not causing a headache to those around them. When it descends into tearing about making trouble, then the old bill should step in (or rather step out, of their patrol cars) and have a word in the ear.

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
1.5ran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear hear Shocked ing Embarassed
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come up to Scotland pigtin, we have a great way of curbing these enthusiastic youths - they get one warning and if they don't calm down our police seize the car and crush it if they don't pay the large fines they earn! Very Happy

I have been to Fife Constabulary as a "interested party" and watched as little Johnny's pride and joy was reduced to the size of an oxo cube - with his parents and friends looking on. The town of Leven was plagued with these idiots, that is until the police arrived mob-handed one night a seized something like 20 vehicles. Most of the police services up here have adopted a zero tolerance with anti-social drivers and believe me it has made an enormous difference.
However the most proactive solution to me is easy - ban the "Fast & Furious" series of films and in an instant we would start saving dozens of young lives!

After 25 years of digging people out of car wrecks I know going too fast isn't cool, its just totally mental! Mad

Scotty.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I say if you want to race, or go fast, got a track, have a good time, if you crash you are more than likely able to walk away, you aren't anoying anyone.

Cheers

Dave
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say buzzy that for a young chap you show quite a maturity of mind, you may not fit in with many of your peer age group because of it but I'd sooner they took your path than theirs.

By the way your painting has been delayed by my becoming a grandad unexpectedly early (six weeks premature) so I have been called in to do the decorating of my son's house! Confused
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the same problem here, the only difference is that they use Golf GTI's...

One thing that is learned on the race track is a respect for speed. Even there, one doesnt always walk away. After a few race track crashes, I started to drive a lot more responibly on the road.
pigtin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things seem to be looking up in one part of the south (meridian TV last night). Hastings residents are suing the council over the boy racers, the "Plod" have put up some dispersal notices and spoken quite sharply to some of them. It's even rumoured there have been some confiscations etc'. I think the saddest part of the tv report showed a couple of baseball capped, genitally challenged boy racers using... wait for it... a rare Mini Pickup.
Don.

Is it just me; or is the 'Topic Reply' system no longer working?
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old-Nail wrote:
I have to say buzzy that for a young chap you show quite a maturity of mind, you may not fit in with many of your peer age group because of it but I'd sooner they took your path than theirs.

By the way your painting has been delayed by my becoming a grandad unexpectedly early (six weeks premature) so I have been called in to do the decorating of my son's house! Confused

Congratulations from me, don't worry about the painting, no rush. Pm, me when you get back to having some spare time, I have found some new things out anyway.

Cheers

Dave
dpr59

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the little one to see Santa arrive, yes it's was only 12th Nov.

On leaving some chav in in a Pug 106 with a bucket silencer is waiting for our parking space once we get everyone ready.
Unfortunatley said chav thinks the Fiat can slip under his car, he's not going to let the car behind him get the spot.....

So he has to move forward to let me out.....

But doesn't want to move too far....

I still can't get out...

Then he's hanging out of his drivers window hurling abuse, and I mean real abuse, at me. Red in the face effin this effin that....

I still can't get the car out...

The funniest part.

If your gonna loose it, go red in the face and come the gorilla...
Don't wear a pink shirt.

Oh how we laughed.
And oh how embarassed his young lady looked as we finally drove passed and out of the car park. I believe the car behind got the slot as well

In-breeds all of them
pigtin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter Wa****s! Interesting you should use the word "Chav". all sorts of suggestions have been made about its origin.
When I first moved down to Ashford (Kent) the area was infested with semi-feral 'p*key': I got to know some of them and discovered that "chav" was an abbreviation of the word 'Chavvie', which was p*key-speak for a youngster.
That was fifty years ago.

Don.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: