classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

HELP please - across State transport for Car and Chassis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
30sqm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: HELP please - across State transport for Car and Chassis Reply with quote

Hi

I'm looking at buying a non-runner Triumph TR in Arkansas together with a replacement chassis. And I need to get them to down to Huston, or better still across to a Western shipping port, or North Beach Florida. Can anyone here help with mover contacts to do this at low price. And/or consolidated shipping across to the UK.

Much appreciated and Thanks,
Pete
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A carrier who gets good reports from his customers goes by the name of 'Freighter Jim' I don't have to hand his contact details, but you will find him via the Model T Ford Club of America Forum. I believe that he transports cars all over the USA.
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freighter Jim can be contacted, as I said, via the MTFCA, however here is a link to his 'profile' on that site.
https://www.modeltfordclubofamerica.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79

Some more searching and this has come up. If he cannot help then maybe he can suggest someone else. Good Luck.
Home Page URL: http://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/model-t-transport.html
30sqm

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Brilliant Roverdriver

Thanks, I'll pursue that link and see if he can help.

Much appreciated, Pete
30sqm

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30sqm wrote:
That's Brilliant Roverdriver

Thanks, I'll pursue that link and see if he can help.

Much appreciated, Pete

Well Jim, didn't want to give me a quote without my first having determined which shipping company ..and therefore which port I needed the car transport to. I can understand that but hoped he might give an indication of cost price per mile, but alas not.

He did however provide a contact to Ross who is also a Model T man down in Huston, who also happens to be a Brit., thinking he might be able to point me in the right direction I dropped him a line on the 5th May but never had a reply. I've just sent him a reminder in case my first email got lost somewhere..

So no news yet, but I'm still trying.

Best regards, Pete
47Jag

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

Watching the TV program called Chasing Cars the ‘hero’ Wayne Carini uses a company called Inter City https://intercitylines.com/ to move cars all over the States for him.

Art
alastairq

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And/or consolidated shipping across to the UK.

For the above particular service, about 6 years ago [or so...time flies, does it not?].....I used the folk below, Hill Shipping..located on Isle of Sheppey...which in itself is irrelevant for the UK...

https://www.hillshipping.com/

The service was cheap enough, door-to-door...including documentation [important for getting out of the US]...full insurance, and all Customs & Excise duties prior to entry into the UK.

Money was saved by 'sharing' the container......[which, in itself, resulted in a delay, unavoidable, but I wasn't in a desperate rush]

Shipped from Savannah, Georgia, but other east coast ports are available [depends on the actual shipping line]...

Full updates via tinternet......but as I 'couldn't wait' once I got the email about the ship's arrival port, I deferred on the end delivery service, and went down to southampton to collect it myself..........container opening day is as good as any impromptu old[classic is a term I abhor] vehicle show!
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
30sqm

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alastairq - I've sent Hillshipping my car's details and asked for a quote.

Likewise Thanks Art, I've saved Intercitylines's website and will drop them a line when I get to know which port I'll be shipping from.

I very much appreciate your both replying with help.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: