classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

It's office party season...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: It's office party season... Reply with quote

The time is upon us, and last night we had our Xmas "company meal".
This would be very uninteresting news for most people, but for a bizarre happening.
It was a "Cuban" restaurant in our local city: the food was unfamiliar and "absolutely average" but for one dish, a Cuban fruit cocktail...
My son was raising a large spoon of this concoction to his lips when an ugly, foreign-looking, caterpillar reared up before his face and proceeded to wave about like a cobra being mesmerized by a snake charmer.
Needless to say, the entire table collapsed in paroxisms of mirth... the only people unimpressed by the scene were the management, to whom it was probably an everyday occurrence. My son was offered a replacement dessert, but nothing else, not even one of their overpriced cocktails.

Of course: I shall be writing to Fidel Castro, to complain.

As to the motoring content of this sad little story: Old 50s American car pictures adorned the menus etc, the only good thing about the place: I really have to hand it to the Cubans. Where most countries would be embarrassed about using primitive transport, the Cubans are starting to use it as a national symbol.

Don.
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

No cigar? Razz

http://www.loosechange-band.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: