classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New north wet Jumble
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
winchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: New north wet Jumble Reply with quote

As you may know Garstang was one of the few regular jumbles up north, sadly I believe the land went for housing? so its no more.
Today we went to Lesure Lakes near Southport to Merebrow Autojumble. The websites not very good but I spoke to the organiser today and they have plans to improve but have to get walking before they can run.
https://www.merebrowautojumble.co.uk

For the second event it was good turn out, the thing we liked was it starts at 7 and its all over by 12ish so you can pop round in the morning and home for lunch etc.
Admission is £2.50 I think kids are free but check.
Butty van was good and only £2.50 for a bacon butties and they did do a breakfast deal too.
Some people take the family as Lesure Lakes has stuff going on and Southport isn't far away too.
http://www.leisurelakes.co.uk

Southport
http://www.donthibernate.co.uk/day-or-evening-trip-to-southport/
winchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next dates the website is not good i will tell him off when i see him!
Events for 2019 *
13th October 2019 (On hard standing)
10th November 2019
8th December 2019
October was very wet but people still turned up!
Remember this is what we make it, if we have a clear out and go it will be a bigger event The Newark of the North is what I want it to be, its got plenty space and a massive population nearby
Rootes75

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been to Newark?
winchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
Have you been to Newark?

Yes most months, to be honest we have been having a bit of a clear out and bought and sold more stuff at Southport than we did last time at Newark?
Which was odd as it was 20-30 stalls against hundreds.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother in law lives near Newark and we are toying with making the trip up from Somerset.
winchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
My brother in law lives near Newark and we are toying with making the trip up from Somerset.

Its just like car boot sales some one will tell you how much better one is over the other but its just luck, you could go to a 10 stall one and find what you want but also get nothing , when we first dod Southport a bloke came from Scotland a 400 mile round trip but he bought a oil filler cap and a set of forks for a 1920's bike from us so was over the moon.
Just make a small holiday out of it, plenty of tool sellers, consumables etc. Its £10 each to go in early but if you pay £22 I think for a stall you get in even earlier.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many stalls at Newark then? I have been told its huge, the autojumbles down here in Somerset have 20-30 stalls and don't change much stock between meets.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
How many stalls at Newark then? I have been told its huge, the autojumbles down here in Somerset have 20-30 stalls and don't change much stock between meets.

I used to go many years ago, and it'd take most of the day to trawl around. What it's like now I'm not sure but I would like to re-visit it again sometime, it's just down the road from Newark Air Museum too as I recall.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
winchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:

I would guess a few hundred, ring them and ask, but it all depends who turns up and if they have what you want, first time we went we saw a few Helicopter parts, doors rotors etc all brand new and yes people bought them , last few times none? Started to see a few stalls with vintage bike bits which is good.
What are you looking for?
We went looking for parts for a Prewar Royal Enfield, never got a thing but went to a Motor Cycle event in Lutterworth and got a gear box forks and some other bits I forget now, you just never know.
Got a 1920's Enfield Engine and bits should you need any?
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest we are getting a little tired of finding very little at Beaulieu each year and thought we would like to simply try a change of scene autojumble wise. And as the brother in law lives fairly close we could kill two birds with one stone so as to speak.
winchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
To be honest we are getting a little tired of finding very little at Beaulieu each year and thought we would like to simply try a change of scene autojumble wise. And as the brother in law lives fairly close we could kill two birds with one stone so as to speak.

I would love to go to Beaulieu but its just too expensive, its all down to getting people to go and part with the stuff they no longer need, we are clearing out so going to try our spare vices on Facebook as it saves lugging them around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: