classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Once Upon A Time.... on a road far far away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Peter_L

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Once Upon A Time.... on a road far far away. Reply with quote

Penman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
A bit of a long shot, but going by the ages of the vehicles, Myers Beds were in Vauxhall, London at that time.
https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/530593/178405/13/100765

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Peter_L

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penman wrote:
Hi
A bit of a long shot, but going by the ages of the vehicles, Myers Beds were in Vauxhall, London at that time.

I don't see a Vauxhall Confused
badhuis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice to see cars in brightly colours. So different compared to todays traffic.
lowdrag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has come up before, and yes, all cars are black grey or white, and the reason is that no one actually orders a car today - they buy what is available in the dealers. We used to order a sun roof, or perhaps an automatic, and at the same time the salesman got out the colour charts. Now a Mercedes is automatic and manual is extra and they come with most extras such as aircon, alloy wheels etc already included. You can though change manually on the new boxes if you wish. And because the majority of Mercedes are destined for company cars they are all ordered by the dealership grey. white or black. People are convinced that any other colour will reduce the resale value. I bought a used Mercedes in August, and researched via Mercedes the cars I wanted, and there were 278 available. Five were red, Nine were blue, and the rest silver, grey, white or black. Not one yellow, green or, unlikely anyway, brown or violet. And only 30 weren't metallic. We are being led into a world which is literally not of our choosing but chosen for us by others "in our best interest". I love the Fiat 500 flat retrospective colours and they seem to sell well, but move up to the so-called "executive" market and you are stuck. Big Brother is here, whether we like it or not.
alastairq

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badhuis wrote:
How nice to see cars in brightly colours. So different compared to todays traffic.

Biggest ''plus'' is that they can [pretty much] all be told apart....
Today's Cars all look the same.

Which is sad really.

Seems the new millennium means, a loss of individuality?
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think very much the same, todays cars are all very similar looking. Back when photos like this were taken there was in my opinion much more character to a car or lorry and much of that character was inherent with the maker.

I also agree that long gone are the days when you had much choice when buying a car. Special or bright colours now are mainly reserved for specific models within a range. take for example the Ford Focus ST, they can be seen in orange or bright green or a very nice blue.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was also missed by me, first time around. No Honda's, ……….. Nissan …….Toy...…. BM...……. A...………………………………….
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: