classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Graham Brothers Enthusiasts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
HRSC_Sam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Graham Brothers Enthusiasts Reply with quote

hi I'm wondering if there's anyone on here that is into Graham Brothers cars or knows anyone that is it the supercharger particularly, but anyone would be a good start haha
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really help, but in New Zealand in the Early 1960's I had occasion to drive a Graham Brothers car of about 1928 0r 1929. A nice machine to handle. It was in daily use by its owner as so many vintage era cars were in NZ at the time.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they related to Dodge Brothers products?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graham Brothers started out making a form of "convert-a-truck" equipment for Ford T's to make them into one ton trucks. They soon built trucks i their own right, but bought in the engines. They mostly used Dodge engines. The Dodge dealerships then sold Graham trucks and I think that Dodge bought the business but the GB's ended up on the Dodge board. There I am not sure of the story, but I believe that there was a divorce from Dodge and they started making cars, then formed the Graham-Paige company to build some rather classy vehicles.

No doubt someone with greater knowledge will correct me on this, but that is how I remember the association.
Dane.
alanb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this? Interesting read, I hadn't known much about them,
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1932-1935-graham-blue-streak7.htm

Morris 8 two seater
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graham brothers started in business at the end of World War 1, building trucks, they had a close alliance with Dodge Brothers who supplied their engines. In 1926 they sold out to Dodge, in 1927 they bought Paige Detroit and started the Graham Paige company. Their cars were sold as Graham Paige until 1931, then the Paige name was dropped from the cars although it was retained for the company. They did build Graham Page trucks for a while, until Chrysler stopped them because when they sold out to Dodge they agreed not to build trucks for 5 years.
In the U.K. Graham Page had their own facility at Brixton Road, London from 1929 to 1931. Then importing Graham cars was handed over to Jack Olding Ltd, North Audley Street, London.
In 1932 the Blue Streak with full fender skirts was introduced, Tootsie Toys made a model of this car.
Sale were falling and Ray Graham committed suicide in 1932.
Supercharging was introduced in 1934. The Sharknose was introduced in 1938 it didn't sell well the styling was too extreme. For 1940 and 41 Graham used the old Cord body dies to produce the Hollywood. They stopped making cars after 1941. One of the last company presidents was Joseph Frazer who joined with Henry J Kaiser to buy all the Graham Paige car making assets and start the Kaiser Frazer Company. The Graham Paige name continued as an investment company until1962
In the thirties Graham chassis were used in this country to produce the Lamas Graham sports car.
I have seen a Sharknose at a show in this country
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: