classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Lucas ht leads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
MattF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Lucas ht leads Reply with quote

What are the little washers called that go on the end of the HY leads to anchor them into the distributor? I need to get a couple for my Austin ten and have been told they have to be brass so now I’m looking but don’t know what it is that I’m looking for lol
Thanks in advance
Peter_L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lucas ht leads Reply with quote

MattF wrote:
What are the little washers called that go on the end of the HY leads to anchor them into the distributor? I need to get a couple for my Austin ten and have been told they have to be brass so now I’m looking but don’t know what it is that I’m looking for lol
Thanks in advance

These "thingies"
https://mogparts.net/product/washer-for-ht-lead-ends-4-pre-1968
MattF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea those! Thanks Peter!
Peter_L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattF wrote:
Yea those! Thanks Peter!

Back in 19hundred and frozen to death, I have a vague recollection of my father making some of these by using Mum's kitchen scissors and the lid from a tin can. The only reason I remember is that we were going to Blackpool on the Sunday (everyone say "oooohhh") and he had dropped or lost them. All I really know is that we had a 1/4 Austin Tilley, with canvas back and it was just after the Coronation.... so I was about 8. Incidentally, my Dad taught me to drive that Austin...……… Perhaps a new thread ????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: