classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Help needed with window regulator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
petelang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Help needed with window regulator Reply with quote

Sure hoping someone can help me with a little quandry.
I took this out of my Daimler Fifteen as during repairs to the window runners I noticed two lugs broken off and some previous bodgery had taken place. Can't find anyone or any info.
Regrettably, and quite stupidly, I did not photograph it as it came apart and now I'm putting it back together need to understand which way the flat coil spring goes in it.
I've made a plate that will act as replacement for the broken lugs (can't weld it: made of mezak crap metal) so the pivot will be secured for the arm OK. Within there are two springs, one acts as a brake coiled around the inside of the casing, the ends of which engage in the rotating plate in a cut out. The other spring sits inside this, engages its inner end to cut outs in centre boss and the outer end engages with a lug on the rotating plate. I guess this is to provide spring assistance when lifting the window and the glass weight assists in the down operation. But, should the coil spring have a pre tension on it? If so I don't know quite how I am going to assemble it but if anyone has had one appart or has any info it would potentially be much help. If anyone has one to sell I'd be interested too as I figure this has been much altered, the rotating plate looks very heath Robinson.
Peter

Click: https://flic.kr/p/2jtTRcd (RJ)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: