classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Help - identification of saddles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
gawedziarz01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Help - identification of saddles Reply with quote

Good morning.
I'm an archaeologist, but I'm a bronze age researcher. I've now developed some military relics. They were discovered together with a team of militaria (and other objects) from the World War II area around Gdansk (Wejherowo) in Poland.
As these are objects produced for the needs of the I and II World War I ask for help. The condition is like in the pictures. It is connected with the fact that it has been in the ground for several dozen years and later conservation.

I identified the rear motorcycle saddle.
From these photos can you determine what kind of motorcycle and how it is dated? For example, could it be a BMW R35?
Is there anything known about the use of a motorcycle during World War II by the Third Reich?
Please confirm if it is a motorcycle saddle.

There is also an identified bicycle saddle but I can't say or spend anything about it. I will be grateful for any help.

Together with these saddles other car parts, military and glass bottles were found. Previously dated around World War II. The gendarmerie of the Third Reich was stationed in the building next door.

I'd appreciate any information you can give me on this material. And possibly (but not necessarily) for the literature from which you have information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: