classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

heater switch with fuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Ray White

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: heater switch with fuse. Reply with quote

I am getting confused with this. The fitting instructions state that 'B' is the live feed to the switch. However, the fuse comes attached to a red wire which according to the instructions is for speed 2. terminal M.

Low speed is the yellow and high is orange.

C is live out to a warning light.

No colour is suggested for the live wire but I assume the fuse will be let into it somewhere.

It seems wrong to have a red fused wire in the middle of a different colour live wire.

Totally confused. Sorry.
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that is what it means - that's just a generic fuse holder that comes with red wires already crimped to it, I bought a couple from the NEC show a few years ago.

I would imagine the fuse should go between the 12v supply and the input line / 12v feed into the switch, so that all heater speeds are fused.
Ray White

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. I get easily confused with electrics. It's the same with the "B" terminal which initially I thought was B for black; then I saw it was for the live feed.

I don't know what I don't know. All I do know is that I don't know that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: