classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Human Robots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Peter_L

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject: Human Robots Reply with quote

I know we have all seen Car Assembly Videos, but the first few minutes, at least, was full of human robots. Mechanization was fairly well advanced but this was long before 21st century robots.

3:14. "What did you do today dear ?".......... "I put two rivets into two holes"

............ "3000 times"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpTK2ezxL0
peter scott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the whole world is run by the economists.

Peter Crying or Very sad

p.s. Scientists and engineers do help and I liked the fact that the press operators needed both their hands on the switches to guarantee that their limbs were not going to be pressed too.
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter scott wrote:
Yes, the whole world is run by the economists.

Peter Crying or Very sad

p.s. Scientists and engineers do help and I liked the fact that the press operators needed both their hands on the switches to guarantee that their limbs were not going to be pressed too.

For a while in the 1970s I worked in a factory where the management had a policy of removing guards to speed up production. When the factory inspectors arrived they were delayed at the front office while the "white coats" hurriedly refitted the guards!

Inevitably there were accidents. One poor chap had a 1 " square punch go straight through his hand. He was summarily dismissed with a paltry £100 compensation package and a gagging order that protected the firm from any further claims.!

I was once working at a multiple drill press machine (six men in a line countersinking 1" square holes in heavy tractor blades) when a length of swarf flew up and attached itself to my chest. I was quickly bandaged up and put back to work... less half an hour's pay!

The firm (still trading) was eventually in the news for refusing to recognise the Union which in turn blocked goods at the docks ; which led to us all being sacked and cheap foreign labour bussed in.

It is the one and only time I have been on the TV news... as part of a picket line! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: