classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Restoring a Daimler Conquest Century 1956
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You are getting on well with that!

Good luck this PM, how warm is it?

I was so hot on my PF, as Stupid me wore a fleece, could,t carry it so had to wear it, sweating like a pig I was!
Rolling Eyes
Cheers

Dave
Mauricio Yeo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
Weather today has been rather hot, over 37º C but being my garage is very shaded, we got a few hours of work in before it got too hot.
Update on the Roof Lining Photos.

This is how the interior now looks on the Conquest.

I also made some wooden surrounds to go around the rear windscreen, but tucking in the material under the windscreens rubbers looks better.

I also made up new upholstered handles for above the doors.

I did spend some time adjusting the sun visors. They continued to stand proud about two inches away from the roof. I eventually took out the wooden baton that are attached to the recessed interior and thus got them to sit slightly further upwards in to the recess.

Seats are now partially recovered on the more worn out parts. I will now get Woolies to supply me with lleather and PVC stain so I can get the old leather and the door cards to match the leather that has been installed.

Also got the petrol pipe replaced from the tank to the pump, and it had collapsed due to age and not letting the petrol through. A clean out of the glass bowl and the reserve valve taken out, cleaned up and reset now only leaves me to flush out the radiator and test the Conquest on a long run. That will be next week if all goes well.

Hasta Pronto....

Mauricio Yeo
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/mauri5952/f93c6223.jpg
Mauricio Yeo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Señores,
I have not been able to get on the Forum for quite some time as my password did not seem to be working but thanks to Rick I am now back on the forum.
Well, after the last post, lots of things have happened so I will make a few posts to update the works.
I took the car to have the radiator flushed out and the shop took one look at the Daimler and said that I had to take the radiator and water pump off myself as he would not even attempt it on a plus fifty year old car.
He was right as well. Sad
It took a resident english experianced mechanic six hours to get it off and the water pump was solid with rust. I was advised to use EP Sevices ( www.ep-services.co.uk ) and they did an excellent job for just over £100 inclusive of transport in under two weeks.
Got everything back on to the Conquest and we suffered the heaviest flooding in Nerja for over fifty years and although my house was untouched, the road to and from my house suffered very badly. The first trip with the Conquest resulted in the rupture of the flexi exhaust pipe from the engine down to the bottom of the chassis.
To get it replaced (parts took over three weeks to find) the starter motor had to come off as well as the exhaust manifold. Sad Sad
Saga to continue..........
Mauricio Yeo
Greg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Mauricio,
What a lovely Car,great lines.Fantastic with the new Paint.
Great job Very Happy
woljags

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top job mate,as always,

cheers Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: