classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

caravan interiors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Jublybug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: caravan interiors Reply with quote

So lets see your interiors . Has anyone built a retro custom interior or are you all in the original fold ? My wake had a homemade interior ( part of the selling pitch of the van from what I can gather) so I'm not tied to keeping it original .
Although I'm keeping some of it but am planning to build something retro but to our modern family needs .
Eather way please post up some of yours and any cool features your vans have or you've added

Thank you in advance

Jim
Brian M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Classic Safari Caravan group on Facebook, there are over 6000 photos of Safaris including all types of interiors from the 1950's to modern updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290448868059/photos/?filter=albums

May take some time to go through!!
Jublybug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Il have a look through them

Russell Willerby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: caravan interiors Reply with quote

Jublybug wrote:
So lets see your interiors . Has anyone built a retro custom interior or are you all in the original fold ? My wake had a homemade interior ( part of the selling pitch of the van from what I can gather) so I'm not tied to keeping it original .
Although I'm keeping some of it but am planning to build something retro but to our modern family needs .
Eather way please post up some of yours and any cool features your vans have or you've added

Thank you in advance

Jim

Hi Jublybug.
We restored the interior ( and exterior ) on this 56/57 Willerby Vogue 4 or 5 years ago now.
Used the original framing where possible and reclad in what would have been close to the original oak veneered ply.
We have installed a leisure battery and modern electrical hook up discretely. Converted the original gas lamps to 12volt LED.
Also installed 12 volt LED flexible strip lighting behind the pelmets, so not intrusive to the eye, but functional.
A link to a short Flickr album, hope that it is of interest.
Stuart and Myra

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151454283@N06/v0je45
[/img]
Brent29

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
On my Classic Safari Caravan group on Facebook, there are over 6000 photos of Safaris including all types of interiors from the 1950's to modern updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290448868059/photos/?filter=albums

May take some time to go through!!

Great to see the photos are still working. My buddy got this new Caravan project and he seems serious about giving it a nice setup. We'll just finish installing the new suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the pick-up truck this week before we can inspect the Caravan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: