classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Can ebay not do something about this guy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Rootes75

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Can ebay not do something about this guy? Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373580636901?hash=item56fb2422e5:g:FiQAAOSwSFJgn4Vk

Really bugs me when looking through the classic cars on ebay to see this keep repeating. Must be the same guy just changing accounts as the photos are always the same.
consul 57

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly in don't think they can, the same purple consul capri has turned up on ebay constantly for the last few years, it it a real car but not for sale.
ebay has become a real pain lately both buying and selling.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What these people are doing is logging on to genuine sellers accounts, and in most cases the reason they can log on is that the seller is using a simple password, probably use's the same password for multiple accounts and won't have changed it for a long time.
Not much eBay can do proactively to prevent this, other than force more secure passwords together with regular password change.

Dave
lowdrag

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On any important site my passwords always contain upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers. And are usually 10 items in length. I'd advise all of you to do the same. My Airb&b account got hacked and my credit card debited with £800, which I how I learned the hard way. My bank refunded me, but I'm afraid I was then naive and the password too simple.
Keith D

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowdrag is exactly right. Make it as hard as possible for the thieving b***ards.

We are frequently asked if we want a receipt when we use our credit card. The answer must always be yes. My wife checks every one when we get our Mastercard bill each month. You would not believe how many fraudulent claims we have had over the years, originating from all over the world. Always check your bill thoroughly, and report anything suspicious to your bank immediately.

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it so frustrating when you want to search through the Classic cars when this guy lists 1000+ vehicles all with the same photos etc and when you click on something that looks interesting only to find its listed by this clown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: