classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Licence and or Photo renewals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Penman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Licence and or Photo renewals. Reply with quote

This may be of particular interest for those who are nearing 70 or beyond.
I have just had a phone call from a relative whose licence is due for it's age 76 renewal this week.
She has been waiting for a reminder and of course they haven't sent one out, she has looked at on-line renewal but it won't do it for her because she doesn't have a passport (even though her photo doesn't need renewing, it still asks for the passport #)
I managed to find a PDF of the D1 form online which can be filled in on the
computer and then printed out to use as a postal application. I have also found, for her, the Section 88 information about driving while waiting for her licence to come back which, if she is lucky, might be sometime in the next 6 months.

If you renewal is due sometime in the next 3 months it is worth starting to find out what you are able to do.

WARNING Do not in any circumstances get mislead into using an on-line renewal service which makes a charge for what should be a free service.
All web pages you use should be part of the .GOV.UK set up.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: