classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Plea for help: Corby, Northants June 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Plea for help: Corby, Northants June 2008 Reply with quote

I received this email overnight. I know one or two members here have experience with organising and promoting shows, perhaps they could chime in with some pointers on how to promote an event? if anyone is down in this area, maybe they have some club contacts??

----------------------

Corby Carnival Association
(Court Management Team)
c/o 66 Kirby Road, Gretton, Northants NN17 3DB
E-mail: terri@corbycarnival.com
Tel: 07795-985419 Home: 01536-772348

Hi,

Having spent hours searching the internet and struggling, I came across your website, which I found very informative and easy to navigate and read and you seem to be the man in the know and I do so hope that means you might be able to help me please.

We would very much love to have some Classic Cars attend to either take part in our Carnival Parade, or to put on display at our Exhibition site (hopefully both) but I'm struggling a bit as to how to go about inviting them.

We are small group of volunteers who have organised the Corby Carnival for the last five years and each year sees it getting bigger and better. The ultimate aim of the day is for the people of Corby to have a good time, a great day out and raise some cash for Charities on the way. This is also an opportunity for fundraising organisations to take part and raise some money for their own groups.

Classic Cars are not something that are often seen in the Town (despite Rockingham Motor Speedway being on our doorstep) and it would be wonderful to have them here in their full glory for the people of Corby and beyond to appreciate.

Corby is going through a huge regeneration programme at the moment and the population of the Town is growing by the minute which is good news for volunteer groups such as ourselves in that the more people we can attract to the Carnival, the more money we can help raise for Charities

Could you advise me as to the best way to get Classic and vintge Cars to our event? Or maybe you could just point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

Our Event is being held on Saturday 28th June 2008 at the Corby Boating Lake Complex, Cottingham Road, Corby

I look forward to hearing from you very soon but if you need any more information in the meantime, then please contact me.

Best regards

Terri Meechan
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: