classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Old Ford Sierra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
iceman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Old Ford Sierra Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Throughout 2007 i will be dismantling an old 1983/4 Ford Sierra ghia and rebuilding it using Formula One technology that is around today.
It is going to be a complete rebuild from engine to aero work and although it will still look like a Sierra it will hopeully have a shock and awe effect from all the new internal and external enhancements that i have designed myself.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to hearing about what you have planned and hopefully some pictures when the project starts?

Cheers

Dave
iceman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

Not obtained the car yet as i need to find the right one but when i do i will post before and after pictures of it.

Shame i do not have it now during the quiet period as i come home early from work.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing the reports myself. Just which areas of F1 technology are you thinking of incorporating in the build?
iceman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im hoping to incorporate the same sort of cooling system that is used on F1 cars plus the rear diffuser and some aerodynamics that are used.

Hoping to have some information of all the electrical systems used on F1 cars soon aswell.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceman, now that you have said more, this is a project that I am looking forward to!

Assuming that you are familiar with Bernoullis equation, then in theory you should be able to design a better diffuser than they use on an F1, because you dont need to follow their restrictive rules! Are you going to design it on Cad first, or just do it on a "suck it and see" basis?

For the cooling, have you thought about using a waterless system?

Are you involved in F1, or just a spectator?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: