classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

my Jeffrey Js5 (Hes now home at last)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Marksmini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update. havent had m uch time to work on him as ive been working away alot. so so far ive90% rewired the car after finding a right mess under the dash with about 3 spare looms and odd and sods of wires everywhere! it was a right mess. so ive had to rewire the car. ive still got to have alook at the rev counter, fuel gauge and the dial lights. then i can move on to the next jobs which is a case of freeing off the front brakes and sorting the fuel leak out on the carb.
the air filter is home made and to be honest carp. the idea is there but it restricks the air flow to the carb, so this will need looking at.

it has a nice little dinimo with a 22a regulator which i might upgrade to a normal aulterator depending of if i can be bothard or not. if it isnt broke why fix it. so yeah i might just leave it be for now. we will see.
the last down side which ive found is that its so low it doesnt get onto my drive way. so i need blocks of wood to get me off the drive way. when im sat in the car i can put my knuckle flat to the floor. im sat about 2.5 inchs off the floor, so lets home speed bumps wont be a problem.....

body work needs redoing, alot of cracks and stress areas. will wait till i have abit more time and money for that tho.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: