classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Mopar 318 manifold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Penman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Mopar 318 manifold Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone have info to help this BOC member, who has posted on the BOC forum?
This is a southern UK member so localish info preferable.
Quote:
Had the mis-fortune of clipping our 410's exhaust whilst driving over an un-manned level crossing at week-end. The stainless system is fine but, one of the manifolds took the brunt and has snapped just above connection to downpipe.
Would anyone know if these are repairable, if not is a replacement easy to come by.
Thoughts and commiserations please
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penman, replacements should be easy enough to get hold of as they are a common enough engine.

But, asking for a 318 Mopar manifold is kind of like asking how long is a plank! There are quite a few....so to be certain of getting the correct one, he would have to ask for it by the casting number....I have a list somewhere, so if I knew it, I could tell you which Mopars used it.

Dont forget that there are a couple of 318 blocks also....
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm assuming it's a Bristol 410? i wasn't aware of the LA 318 being used for passenger car duty overseas. if this fellow could post the casting number on the manifold there's a good chance someone here (US) could locate a replacement.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little check on manifolds. To passenger car engines only, there were 12+, 6 left, 6 right.

If my memory serves me correctly, the 318 LA was introduced in the US for the 1967 model year. So I would assume that any of the british cars built after this date would use the LA, unless of course Ma Mopar wanted to get rid of old stock... Very Happy
62rebel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. i thought they used the B/RB engines, with the dizzy at the correct end of the block! ahh well. LA parts are still plentiful, they had a extraordinarily long production run, and heavy fleet usage. an upgrade to "police spec" parts could be done also, if originality were of no great concern.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 410 uses the small block, I think its the 411 that uses the B/RB.

If I could find an RB engined 411 for reasonable money, I might just be tempted to buy it...It might upset some people, but in my opinion, the Bristols are a far better car than Rolls....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: