classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

grrrrrrrrrr cats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: grrrrrrrrrr cats Reply with quote

Am fed up with cats sliding up and down my cars with muddy $%^%^£%^ paws. Are any of these high pitch things any use to keep them away? I don't want our dog to hear it, or local birds (feathered kind) for that matter, such the moggie. Bit of a pain having to shell out just to keep the paintwork ok, but thats life. Someone did say that cats can get accustomed to the noise after a while and lessen its effectiveness - anyone had any experience with these gadgets??

ta
RJ
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

What you need is a cat to come and walk around your garden, marking it as theirs the the other cats will be more warey untill it rains! I have a cat near me that uses the mini Sidewalk as a scratching pole, chased it off a few times, but it only has three legs, feel a bit guilty!

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should reduce the leg count to two then you won't have much of a problem Very Happy

problem is when they slide down old (enamel?) paintwork on the Devon, it does scratch it, as its not as resilient as modern 2 pack or whatever they use now

R
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been in the garage again and the damn **** cat has splodged huge clumps of mud all over the roof of the Devon. I need to deter the damn thing somehow Evil or Very Mad

Rick.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you left one of my border terriers in there the cat wouldn't come back, that for sure, but the dog may cause a little damage himself!! He is very exciteable!

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, your best bet is to get a cat of your own, preferably a semi-feral neutered female.

We used to have one and she never went on the cars, or even let anything into her territory, and that even included the neighbours dogs, a number of which had to be destroyed after encountering her.

Why not refinish your motors with 2K instead of cellulose? I had to get that in, didn't I? Hehehe!
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe naaaaa, use 2k and lose my original paintwork?? I'd rather deal with the mog than shell out ££ to lose the originality of my car

R
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, did you not see the little reply regarding paint history? If you did, then you should realise that the Devon paint is not original if its cellulose! Laughing

Pity it was me that referred to it as cellulose, when I should have known better! Crying or Very sad

Why cant I add smilies?
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok original Enamel then!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

(you should be able to add smilies if you click on it in the LH 'emoticons' group)

R
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are adding smilies just they don't show up when you are typing your reply aren't you?

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being computer illiterate, I didnt think about marking the disable smilies box! Oooops! Embarassed
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if you lived here, you wouldn't have the same cat problem. On Wednesday, this week, its traditional to eat 'cats!' Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: