classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Consul MK2 1959 Highline. Windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Robbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Ford Consul MK2 1959 Highline. Windows. Reply with quote

i would be very gratefull if anyone knows were or can put me in touch with anyone who has or can get front quarter lights for my car.The glass is in ok condition but the hinges have rotted also the clamps which hold the front drop glass in both front doors have rotted,which means the windows are jammed shut hence in the summer its like driving a green housecan anyone help.Thankyou
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may end up getting the channels that the main side glasses sit in re-made, chances are if your's have rusted, then those you find in a scrap door will probably be the same. I'm sure any engineering co. will be able to make something up, if you can provide a pattern or diagram. Stuff I thought I'd struggle with on the Dodge was re-made by a local (to me) firm, and didn't cost the earth either.

I'm not sure about the quarterlights though, do they not turn up on ebay ever? otherwise its a trawl around the autojumbles (is there still a Ford Spares day held every year?)

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hang out with Hot Rod guys, some who have or have had MkII Consuls - I'll e-mail them today and see what's what.

Only down-side is, I don't remember a Hi-line, but the windows, etc may be the same.

If anything positive comes back I'll post something into this thread. Wink

Scotty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: