classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Restoration Suppliers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Restoration Suppliers Reply with quote

Most of you will know of this site but it has loads of good restoration stuff on it; http://www.frost.co.uk/
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at www.eastwoodco.com as well, Frosts buy in a lot of stuff from them.
SeajayCecil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a sight where you can buy RR and Bentley spare parts.
You may be able to use it ...
http://stores.ebay.com/Replacement-Parts-Inc_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Seajay.
p.s. I have ordered a seal kit for the sunroof in my 53 Bentley from them. I will let you know how it works out ...
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seajay

Do you have any photos to share of your Bentley? would be interested to see it!!

cheers
Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. Which "R" type is it? The normal or the Continental R? Or have you been lucky enough to find one of the coachbuilt ones?
SeajayCecil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: My 1953 Bently "R" type Reply with quote

Hi guys. This is going to sound dumb but I am not sure ''which type'' I have. It was sold by Frank Dale Ltd in London. the i.d. number is B121UL. The body type is 4DSD.
The car body is in ''near perfect condition''. It is just 'sad looking'.
It needs a complete re-spray and the dash re-finished. Other cosmetics include steering wheel repair, some re-chroming, sunroof gasket kit, and other odds and ends.
I have found one rust spot on the body in the rear passenger floorboard area. Its about the size of my pinkie finger and easily fixed. The car is ''complete'' less the wheel covers and sun visors. There are no dents or repairs in the body that I have found while stripping the paint.
I would be glad to post pix of the car but I dont know how to do that on this sight.
I look forward to your comments ...
Seajay......
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you email me some photos (to dodgenut@4onthefloor.co.uk ) I can post them on here for you

Rick.
SeajayCecil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

I will make some pix over the weekend. You have to understand that I have all 4 doors off the car and the grill, headlites, hood, and bumper off the front also. I am in the process of removing the paint. It kinda' looks like the car ''exploded'' in my basement.
If you guys are interested, I know a link where you can order fender mirrors for Bently/RR cars for 25 dollars each. and I have a link where you can order lots of old NEW parts also. It's a place in Georga, USA.
I just got new weather strip for my sunroof. I will let you know how it fits.
Seajay
SeajayCecil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: rubber gaskets Reply with quote

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/catalog.htm
Here is a link you guys may be interested in. I found it yesterday. It is a 'soup to nuts' place that sells about every kind of rubber molding you could ever think of. You can download the catalog and look thru it on line. The stuff is a little ''expensive'' but they seem to have about everything for evrything. Give it a look....
Seajay ....
SeajayCecil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Well guys, I took the 'pix' but I am having some problems getting them to download to this computer. I will have to go out to the motor home and download them out there and burn them to a disk and bring them back in here and send them.....
until then ....
Picture in your minde a 53 Bentley "R" with the hood, (bonet) removed, four doors removed, the grill, bumper, headlights, parking lights, and both front seats removed. Further, picture this Bentley with a lot of the paint gone and 'splotches' of primer where the paint has been removed
This is what my car looks like. Kinda' .....
I will get the pix on tomorrow.
Seajay ......
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seajay

did you manage to get some photos, I don't think a Bentley has appeared in the Your Restorations forum category as yet Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: