classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Classic/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Classic/ Reply with quote

I don't normally go for post 1965-ish vehicles but i could be tempted by this one!
Take a look.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMAZING-FORD-CAPRI-1-OWNER-GENIUNE-11-200-MILES_W0QQitemZ200059668127QQihZ010QQcategoryZ29755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah looks very straight, but would need to be another 30 years older before I'd have a bid Very Happy

been tempted with anything else lately??

Rick
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"been tempted with anything else lately?? "

Oh yes!

Bought on impulse yesterday!

It also comes with another full car for spares, at this moment I have absolutely No idea where I am going to put them! Confused
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good impulse though! hehe Very Happy
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, saw that Phase 2 on you-know-where and thought of your Ph.1 when I saw it!!! perfect bedfellows really aren't they!

well done Wink

Rick
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick do you have a spare room... I haven't told my wife about my new purchases yet LOL.

The Vanguard did indeed come from the dreaded place of temptation, I am told that it has had a body off resto with just the interior to finish.
A complete interior is furnished in the second spares car apparently so it's just a matter of swapping the bits over.

The vendor says the engine and ancilliaries have been rebuilt but due to standing the clutch has stuck on, I'm quite dubious about this but will be going down to see it in the next day or so to check all is ok.

No money has yet changed hands but if it is the bargain it appears to be then I am left with the task of freeing off the clutch, any tips?
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo clandestine bidding eh!!! like it Cool Cool

you might find just churning it over on the starter, in gear with foot on clutch, might be enough if its not been stuck too long, just dont try it parked close to a brick wall Very Happy

PS check your messages

cheers, Rick
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a footnote to the buying of the Vanguard pictured above.

I drove down to see it today and I must say it is in fantastic order, the underside/chassis etc is AS NEW, the car has NO rot at all and runs very well indeed.

It has been subject to a body off restoration with many thousands spent on it, there is also a second Vanguard that comes with it as a complete spares car.

You may be suprised to hear therefore that I didn't take it home, the reason is that the interior needs re-trimming, simply that, even though there is a perfectly good complete interior in the second car which merely needs changing over, I don't have the time or ability to do a first class job so decided to leave it.

All the bits are there to finish the car and more - an absolute bargain for someone!

If anyone is interested in buying the two vehicles very cheaply PM me and I will give you the contact details, alternatively it will be re-listed on ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: