classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

What is a Bottlenose Morris Cowley?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: What is a Bottlenose Morris Cowley? Reply with quote

I have been reading Agatha Christie's autobiography where she talks of her first motor car(in the 1920's) as a BOTTLENOSE MORRIS COWLEY.

Anyone out there who knows what this would have been?

Thanks...Pat[/b]
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she meant Bullnose, Bottlenose doesn't ring a bell with me ... maybe both names were used unofficially at one time??

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: What is a Bottlenose Morris Cowley? Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Sounds like she meant Bullnose, Bottlenose doesn't ring a bell with me ... maybe both names were used unofficially at one time??

R

This is what I thought .I have just put this into Google and there is one reference to a picture of "Cecil Gordon Gray standing besides his very smart Bottlenose Morris Cowley Roadster.".Unfortunately no picture came up. It is the only reference to it on Google.

I'll try Wikepaedia...Pat.
peter scott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some commercial versions that have a sort of bullnose with a flat front. I haven't seen any bottlenose references but it could describe them.

Peter

Pat Russell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter scott wrote:
There are some commercial versions that have a sort of bullnose with a flat front. I haven't seen any bottlenose references but it could describe them.

Peter

Yes another interesting aspect.I've contacted the Bullnose Morris Historian to see if he knows anythimg about this.Thanks for all the interest shown.
I promised myself I would not turn my computer on yet as I am finishing preparing for the Labrador Rescue Stall at the Countess of Warwick show today...I am also looking forward to looking at their vintage and classic car display..there might just be a bullnose owner who wants to sell!

'My workhorse of a Landrover is packed to the roof inside with all the goodies I will be selling. Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: