classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Vulcan XH558
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Vulcan XH558 Reply with quote

2007 should see the return of a Vulcan B2 to the air, in time for the 25th anniversary of the Falklands War, in which it paid such a big part. At the time the RAF were in the process of disbanding their Vulcan squadrons, but the Falklands put that plan on hold. This airframe last flew in the early 90s.

More about this epic restoration here:

http://www.tvoc.co.uk/

Rick

Cool Cool
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also for the Warbird fans amongst us is news that a German Focke Wulf 190 that crashed into a fjord during the last war has been located and recovered.

There is talk of restoring the aircraft, just take a look at the photo's and compare that job of restoration to our old cars! Rolling Eyes

http://f16.parsimony.net/cgi-bin/topic-flat.cgi?Nummer=28300&Phase=Phase1&ThreadNummer=14197
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that 190 could be a fun project.

I hope that the Vulcan was restored at Woodford. THats where they were built, isn't it?

UJ
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Woodford is the place, the white one is still there but from what I hear deteriorating quite badly. Since the airshows were stopped, I've not been able to get close to it.

They have a strange policy of not letting outsiders get involved with its preservation, yet as the old guys retire there are fewer people there who can, or are interested, in doing much with it - at least thats the feedback I've heard. We were keen to help with it, but enquiries didn't get anywhere. Perhaps its a security thing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to secure off an area on site, in which the old girl could be worked on, accessible to the outside world (with passes naturally).

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant imagine it being a security thing at Woodford. A few years ago, I managed to drive in, and over the runway (in a Skoda Embarassed )...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: