classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A Bertie-ful day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bertie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: A Bertie-ful day Reply with quote

Well, I was supposed to go shopping in the Pop last sunday, but I got a bit side-tracked by my son Ben`s Mini, which looked like this on sunday morning... Confused

Well, I couldn`t not help, could I? 11 hours later, the engine compartment was jammed with a 1275 turbo A+ engine, which he,his brother Ant and yours truly had rebuilt from scratch...so much for shopping Smile !! However, as I was saying, I finally got round to it THIS sunday, but dealt with a little problem first..the brake lights were permanently on. On the Pop, it`s easy to adjust the position of the switch underneath by undoing 2 10ml nuts and sliding it in the correct direction

Terrible picture, but hopefully you get the idea Laughing . So, after cutting back and waxing the paintwork, he was looking pretty good Cool

...and off we went. First port of call was Iceland..

and struggling out with £30 of freezer/fridge filler, I had a stupid thought - would it fit in his tiny boot Sad ?

No problem! Very Happy It was then i discovered that I`d forgotten Leo`s dog food...Leo is a happy, daft 4-legged companion, who would not be best pleased if I forgot his food Evil or Very Mad ! So, up the hill to Sainsbury`s, which was appreciably busier

but he didnt look too out of place, quite regal in fact! After unloading and a cuppa, being such a lovely day, We (Leo and Me ) went out and about

A little unsure about the vinyl slippery seats, he decided he`d sit backwards, as maybe the traffic behind us were wishing they were going a lot faster than we were Laughing ! But once in the park, he was a very happy bunny Smile

You can just about see him in between the two trees...

...and a LOT happier in the back, as he had more room to collapse sideways as we rolled round corners Laughing ! We then called in to see my ex sister in law

..who hated him, as you can see! Well time was getting on, so I reluctantly headed back Crying or Very sad and garaged him, until next time...

The next outing will be his MoT....fun time? Thanks for reading, catch you all soon.... Laughing
angiebaby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: A Bertie-ful Day Reply with quote

Lovely photos. A Bertie-ful day indeed! Here's to many more of them. Bertie is gleaming. Lovely to see the woolly beast enjoying Bertie. Best of luck with the MOT.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see Bertie in regular use!!

RJ Smile
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Richard H

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really stood out in the carpark among all those moderns! Smile Leo obviously enjoyed himself as well Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: